Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Geetech i3 Printing issues

Posted by kingnyx 
Geetech i3 Printing issues
March 18, 2015 09:02AM
I bought a prusa i3 from geetech and put it together last night (well tis 5 in the morning now...) About 12 hours of doing this for the first time and I can move the motors around with my computer (merlin for firmware btw) But. I cant print. At least I have no idea how.

I was getting erros before about the temperature. Not reading right or something. So I set #define TEMP_SENSOR_0 1 to #define TEMP_SENSOR_0 0 To switch them of so I could try the motors.

Im fairly certain I have the thermistors plugged in correctly. [start3dprinting.com]
I have it done like that photo.

So basically since support has been absolutely useless. I would really appreciate some help with this. Here on out its totally fresh area for me and I want to get printing now tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2015 10:38AM by MattMoses.
Re: Geetech i3 Printing issues
March 18, 2015 12:29PM
Photos and more details please, otherwise it's quite hard to tell what the problem is.
March 18, 2015 01:00PM
I wont be back home till later tonight. But I can take some pictures of the board and such forth when im off work.

There is a header with six pins, two on the left are for the extruder sensor and the middle two are for the hotbed sensor. Does the polarity matter? I figure it doesnt but I could be wrong.
March 18, 2015 03:29PM
Thinking about it now, I believe I have a epoch 100k thermister. Meaning I should have my sensors set to 6 and not 1.

So I will try that when I get home and see if it works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2015 03:36PM by kingnyx.
March 18, 2015 04:35PM
kingnyx
I wont be back home till later tonight. But I can take some pictures of the board and such forth when im off work.

There is a header with six pins, two on the left are for the extruder sensor and the middle two are for the hotbed sensor. Does the polarity matter? I figure it doesnt but I could be wrong.

Nope, polarity does not matter for the thermistors. And yes, you have to set them correctly in the firmware.
March 20, 2015 05:31PM
If you got this printer Geeetech Prusa i3 just scroll down and use the printing instructions. I got a calibration stl file from [www.thingiverse.com]. I am using this one here

I just got the same one and have it running but I am still working out the bugs and getting it calibrated.

Hope this helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2015 05:32PM by Tigreen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login