Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa Mendel i3 - Parts and blueprints location

Posted by nathanmc 
Prusa Mendel i3 - Parts and blueprints location
March 11, 2015 07:37PM
Hi everyone,

I'm a complete newbie to RepRap and I'm considering putting together the Prusa Mendel i3.

I'm making a decision to either buy a kit that has all of the parts, or sourcing the parts and putting it all together. Unfortunately, I can't even find the parts list or the blueprints for the Prusa Mendel i3. Am I going crazy? Shouldn't it be on this page:

[reprap.org]

Any guidance on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Nathan
Re: Prusa Mendel i3 - Parts and blueprints location
March 11, 2015 09:15PM
Nathan,
The first thing you have to decide is whether you are going to build the original Prusa i3 (and if so, which kind: box frame or single plate) or one of its variants [reprap.org]
or a Prusa i3 kit. Obviously if you buy a kit the decision will have been made for you by the kit manufacturer.
I am admittedly biased for the P3Steel version 2.01 since I designed it myself... The BOM is in the wiki [reprap.org]
Cheers,
Andrew
March 11, 2015 10:22PM
Take a look at the Wilson ts. It is on the varients list that andrewbcn posted above. The kit offered by Marty rice is complete and of high quality. I was looking at sourcing the parts, but I couldn't beat his price $480. Only took two evenings to build and worked great right off the bat.
March 12, 2015 06:25AM
bassnfool
Take a look at the Wilson ts. It is on the varients list that andrewbcn posted above. The kit offered by Marty rice is complete and of high quality. I was looking at sourcing the parts, but I couldn't beat his price $480. Only took two evenings to build and worked great right off the bat.
how has it been going? How are your prints coming out?
March 12, 2015 08:40AM
My prints were great, however, I let a strand from the hotend wire short... and blew the mosfet which regulates power to the hot end. I'm sure it was my fault but Marty offered to replace the ramps board for free. It should get here today.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login