Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First Build - Prusa i3xl

Posted by XiaZhou 
First Build - Prusa i3xl
April 01, 2014 03:56PM
Dear RepRap community,

this is my first attempt on building a RepRap 3d printer, I apologize for not using a technical language.

I've recently bought a Prusa i3xl unassembled kit from DIY TechShop:
as expected from posts read around the forum, plastic parts weren't high quality, still none of them got broken during assembly (just one little piece of the filament holder got broken, but got it fixed).

The hardware assembling wen't pretty smooth, thanks to the pdf guide provided from DIY TechShop, even if some parts in the guide were missing, but one has to figure out a little bit.

Wiring stepper motors gave me some problems, since they provide 6 wires stepper motors whose wires have to be soldered to the 4pin wire that goes to the ramps.
To pair the 6 wires, I tested resistance a paired two couples which had higher resistance (around 6 ohm).

I'm using a 12V 30A 360W power supply, which I wired to both the connections (11A and 5A) on the Ramps 1.4 board.

Now, starting with tests, RAMPS 1.4 is built on an Arduino Mega 2560:
uploading RAMPS1.4 test-firmware ( [forums.reprap.org] - [reprap.org] ) to the board, but no motors seem to react except the one connected to E0.
Tried switching connections of X,Y and Z to E0 and they work when connected to that.

Can't figure out what I'm missing, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: First Build - Prusa i3xl
April 01, 2014 08:35PM
Nevermind, found out what was wrong. Very stupid of me, apparently Ramps didn't fit well on Arduino's sockets. Now all of the 5 motors are working! smiling smiley
March 22, 2015 06:21PM
Dear XiaZhou,

I already figure out what the coils pair cables are for my motors (In a BlackBlackYellowYellowRedRed array order they are "Black1+Yellow2" and "Yellow1+Red2").

Can you tell me in what order did you connected the motor cables to the stepper driver pins ("2A, 2B, 1A, 1B")?

Thanks for your help.
April 29, 2015 10:56PM
Dear reprap community
I built the reprap for the first time the mechanical part built along assembly instruction with video from youtube it all done well .
I still got a problem to connected and start up the lcd extra large (please look at photo ) by connect up to computer the light went up but there no word and number appear it will not show a thing ? i wonder if any body did connect and start up the lcd the ram and test through with cura /marlin /slic3r &gcode sender/repetierhost/firmware /arduino /.will they tell me full process how to step to step i will appreciation for that .I did though with wiring hot bed/ hotend / thermistor / relay / stepper motor xyz , extrude head /finish with hook up two board 1.4 ram and mega 2560 / what i have not done are working with computer load in software
hook up start the board test run and will do first print .. alot of step to go .I need some body already done tell me step and step of how did they from a to z load up computer start up lcd trial software and make first print will tahnk you for all your help .. see you and want your answer may it on email or on this post ... see you
April 30, 2015 08:28AM
Dear Duc,

You will probably have to edit the config.h file and upload it to you Arduino. It is pretty well commented so you should have no problem finding the right specs for your LCD screen. The people that sold you your kit doesn't have preconfigured marlin files?

Cheers
April 30, 2015 10:13AM
no the people sold me the kit plus disc as show above say nothing about preconfigured the marlin file as of according to my lcd screen spec and i wonder if you have any linkage or web page tell me how to please send me linkage to page that could solve my question
April 30, 2015 11:27AM
As I said, the marlin config.h file is very well commented and you shouldn't have a problem finding your LCD model in it, uncommenting it and commenting any other LCD that may be active. WARNING: Take into consideration that your Arduino may have come with an already specially configured Marlin config.h file and writing another one may involve tunning everything again (steps per unit, bed size, extruder, etc.).
April 30, 2015 10:07PM
ok it easier for me since you can tell me if there is some body can do the job for me, i stay at houston texas is there any body in houston can load start up for me i need it will do the first print and that ok i can pay him or her hour of tutoring or service , the truth is i want some body that can do the job to start run for me and that all
May 01, 2015 12:38PM
duc10051959
ok it easier for me since you can tell me if there is some body can do the job for me, i stay at houston texas is there any body in houston can load start up for me i need it will do the first print and that ok i can pay him or her hour of tutoring or service , the truth is i want some body that can do the job to start run for me and that all

You should look for a local "hackspace" in Houston - there will be someone there who can help you.

Steve
June 12, 2015 07:39AM
hey i did some research for you http:// zennmaster . com/random-things/3d-printing-the-prusa-i3-arrival-and-unboxing this link might offer some help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login