Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AliExpress

Posted by cwaa 
AliExpress
May 11, 2018 11:52AM
Has anybody had experience with AliExpress. I waited more than a month and my product was never shipped. I asked for a refund and they have failed to return my money. They also said they would ship the product anyway as part of the settlement....That hasn't happened either. Any suggestions?
Re: AliExpress
May 11, 2018 05:04PM
I have ordered many times from Ali.
Sometimes you have to be patient, longest time I had to wait for a shipment was around 50 days...
May 11, 2018 05:05PM
You did it!

Now everyone on this forum knows.
May 11, 2018 11:21PM
I've bought lots from AliExpress, mostly with good outcomes.

What seems to happen reasonably often is that tracking of shipments gets screwed up. I think that (unless you pay horrendous shipping costs via FedEx or similar) many shipments get aggregated and shipped together, sometimes via a 3rd-party aggregator who you know nothing about, and sometimes also via a 3rd country (e.g. Singapore or Malaysia seems common for me). So your tracking number may or may not belong to you exclusively. Or you get a tracking number that isn't actually used, because your shipment was aggregated with others, and your goods are really travelling under some other tracking number.

If you look at the product page, there's a tab about 'Seller guarantees' -- that is part of your agreement with the seller. In particular, there's an on-time delivery value. The typical number seems to be 60 days. AliExpress won't do anything about an undelivered shipment until that time has expired.

Note that AliExpress has your money, not the seller. The seller only gets your money after you have confirmed receipt of the goods, or some time after the 60 days has elapsed. Not sure about this last bit, because I always confirm receipt when I get the goods.
May 12, 2018 08:35AM
Then why won't the pay me the return they agreed to? I know I might have to wait a long time for delivery, but they can return my money in a few seconds if they want.
May 12, 2018 08:37AM
The goods were never shipped and the seller admits that!
May 12, 2018 10:44AM
so click on the "open dispute" link on each order, and provide aliexpress all the details.

Aliexpress like all online sites for multiple parties has some scoundrels...
Dont buy memory or storage or 18650 batteries from aliexpress, you will get ripped off on those.
May 13, 2018 07:36AM
Ditto on the "open a dispute"

I've had just about all good experiences with aliexpress. The worst I got was when I ordered some stepper cables with the white connectors (i forget their name, it's some combination of letters like jx or jh or something), between when I ordered and the order shipped (a couple of days later) the seller changed the listing to a cable that had molex connectors. No big deal for me since the connector fit anyway. A tip though, if you do use "open dispute", the seller will most likely offer to solve it for you and ask you to remove the "open dispute" right away, don't close the dispute until the problem is actually sorted. Happened to me with the connectors on the cable, they offered to ship a replacement with the correct connectors but went silent after I closed the dispute, but I didn't care enough to reopen it since the cables sort of fit anyway and I have some spare connectors I can crimp or splice on if it bothers me that much.
May 13, 2018 11:07AM
I did finally get a credit....but no sign of the promised shipment.
May 14, 2018 02:24AM
Why are you expecting to receive something you haven't paid for? Isn't your credit enough?
May 14, 2018 09:33AM
It was offered by the seller for the 6 weeks wasted. I did not ask for the goods as I have already replaced them locally. I am not waiting another 6 weeks for some fool to realize they forgot my order.
May 31, 2018 07:12AM
Stupid guy. Read the terms and conditions on AliExpress and on the specific Item.
As others said - 60 days of waiting - you knew before. So why now complaining?
May 31, 2018 07:25AM
I order stuff via Ali-express once in a while. I find the experience interesting- it reminds me of my good old days as a young engineer, reading about an IC in a magazine, then calling the sales rep to send me a data sheet or databook, waiting 2-3 weeks for it to arrive, then after careful study of the info, ordering some samples and waiting a few more weeks. #MAGA!

I made the mistake of ordering some stuff via Ali-express at the start of the last lunar new year and it took 6 weeks for the stuff to ship. Sometimes it's hard to be a cheapskate.

Look for the shippers that use e-packet- that seems to be the quickest way to get your stuff, usually <10 day delivery in the US, without paying exorbitant fees for express shipping.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
May 31, 2018 07:55AM
"<10 day" crumbs your spoilt!

30 days minimum here... and thats 30 days after they actually ship it, often 1-2 weeks after you bought it.
May 31, 2018 08:29AM
Dancer
Stupid guy. Read the terms and conditions on AliExpress and on the specific Item.
As others said - 60 days of waiting - you knew before. So why now complaining?
You don't read very well. The vendor had not shipped the product after 30 days, and they promised tracking which never happened. So stick it where the sun doesn't shine.
May 31, 2018 08:57AM
cwaa
So stick it where the sun doesn't shine.
Wasn't that some place up in Lancre?

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
June 02, 2018 02:26PM
I buy a couple hundred dollars worth of items that would otherwise cost me thousands off of Amazon or Ebay. It's not Amazon or Ebay, actually, if you're looking for something high end or reliably fast, Aliexpress isn't for you. It's essentially a purely for profit chinese manufacturing shopping hub which means that if you live on the face of this earth then you'll need to make your purchases a month in advance and that is exactly how a lot of makers and companies function which is perfect for them. Short on some RAMPS boards or Arduinos, no problem, want a silicone sock or some bowden pieces to mod your printer, awesome. You'll need to pay attention to shipping times if it's 19-39 days or 12-20 days, normally they are good about it but the main thing, and I do mean the main thing, THEY ARE NOT AMAZON OR EBAY.

Throw away all your nice western behavior and get mean, like protein powder snorting mean like a chinese hagler in a street market, because yeah, that's what customer service is like. They only care if you're going to give them your money and if you can wrap your head around that, you're golden and Aliexpress will refund you because they will think of you as a far more valuable asset than their stores. Which brings me on to my next point, keep an eye on the shipping dates and always open your packages, even I get a bit careless now and then with a package coming in every other day. Normally everything is peachy but recently I got a touch screen with a broken screen, had to patiently ignore the store's plea for two weeks to close the dispute but when Aliexpress stepped in, they refunded me generously.

Broken and late things happen, it happens a lot even for Amazon and Ebay, that's fine, you can minimize this by picking the second to least cheapest item if you're buying something fragile, those extra few cents normally go to packaging. Otherwise, check the ratings of items if you're concerned with the fidelity of a store and keep a little notebook of store names to avoid. Personally I avoid BigTreeTech and some SunnySmiles company, it's really no big deal like how some people have a bad mileage with apple or other stuff. Just remember to stand up for yourself and stubbornly demand a refund, aliexpress will normally have your back if you give them enough time and the stores will also be nice if they see a small refund or support will land them a tidy profit.

Best of luck and buy wisely, no one orders steak or seafood delight at a highway diner.
June 05, 2018 09:50AM
Today i received an Aliexpress item that i ordered on Saturday. 4 calender days from Shenzen to Frankfurt. Nice, especially with free delivery smiling smiley

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
July 01, 2018 12:19PM
As already said the maximum delivery time is 60 days, I was delivered orders (usually from China) and for 25-30 days and for 57 approximately. You can follow the process of shipping / moving the goods. At the same time several times there was a refusal of delivery (for unspecified reasons, once I contacted the seller and he apologized and said that this happened for technical reasons). The prepayment was always returned.
July 03, 2018 08:43AM
Hi,
I've ordered at Aliexpress many many times. If we leave the quality of the Chinese products in general for what it is, I think that Aliexpress is one of the best Internet suppliers. Of all the orders I placed with them (must be far over 100) I never had a disappointment.
It might take a long time before you get the stuff. Sometimes I had to wait for 6 or 8 weeks, but the stuff always arrived. In the rare instance that goods got lost, there was a refund. Immediately, no discussions. If they send you the wrong product you get a new one, immediately.
If you don;t want to wait, then pay more and have it sent via DHL.
August 14, 2018 05:44PM
Of the hundreds of orders i placed only 2 problems arose. One was a faulty arduino nano for 80 cents and another was a cnc mechanical kit worth 450 euros. The problems were missing parts, malformed parts, damaged parts and damaged wires on stepper motors. The latter were refunded after opening a dispute and got to keep them.

Aside from that I've had good experiences buying from aliexpress. It's often hard to buy industrial stuff locally, mostly because it's business to business.

There's some good quality stuff there too, if you're willing to spend more and know how to find it. I usually don't pick the cheapest stuff and look how much time they've spent on specs and presentation. It gives an indication how they do business.

Many stores can supply from depos closer to you like is germany, us etc so delivery is cheaper and faster. Often products spend the most time in customs.

Most products arrived within 2 weeks. The longest was 6 weeks, the quickest around 5 to 6 days. Some use excessive packaging like precision shims in ziplock bags, wrapped in bubble wrap, then in cartboard and in a bubblewrap envelope. Some packaging falls apart on arrival or has been opened at customs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2018 05:49PM by imqqmi.

--
Kind regards
Imqqmi

NFAN CoreXY printer:
[reprap.org]
September 03, 2018 10:17PM
I look on there but have only purchased a couple of times because I always seem to be able to find a seller in the usa on ebay selling the same thing for only slightly more or the same price. I think people go on aliexpress and buy a large quantity then resell on ebay and make a slight profit.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login