Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CNC - Router / Engraver

Posted by Roberts_Clif 
CNC - Router / Engraver
April 26, 2018 05:30PM
I have been wanting to use my left over controllers Hictop 3D Printer Ramps 1.3 / 1.4 Controllers to make a Router / Engraver.

I was thinking of something in the neighborhood of 300mm x 300mm x 10-30mm.
Now having knowledge of Marlin could this firmware be used in a simple CNC Router / Laser Engraver based modified firmware.
If someone has seen or already made something of this nature would be interested in seeing the Firmware / Hardware plans

Thank you
Re: CNC - Router / Engraver
April 26, 2018 10:29PM
Marlin can definitely be used. CNC routers also use gcode, just like 3D printers. The only thing is that marlin doesn't have any spindle control built in, but you might not even need that depending on what you use for a spindle.
April 27, 2018 02:08AM
Laser engraving is definitely possible with Marlin. There are several add-ons for Inkscape to generate gcode.
VDX
April 27, 2018 02:17AM
... I'm building CNC-applications around Marlin4Due and Pronterface - did some minor modifications in Marlin4Due and heavy changes in Pronterface, but most "CNC-tasks" would work with the original programs too winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login