Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z Axis stopped homing

Posted by BlackDragon 
Z Axis stopped homing
March 05, 2018 02:33AM
So, I've looked through a half dozen articles related to this, but they are all based on new builds, or modifying a build, and are fixed with code corrections. I think my issue is different, but if someone knows of a thread that might be relevant, please share.

I've been running a Prusa i2 for several weeks now (three year on-again/off-again project). Prints were moving along nicely, until I buggered the print head.
Note: When I hit Auto Home, X, Y, and Z axis all drove down and parked themselves nicely.

So, I ordered a replacement print head. (J-head v6, fully assembled) Get it in, mount it up, fire it up, and have some trouble with the temp sensor. Long story short, the screw was so tight it had torn the insulator, and shorted the thermistor. During troubleshooting, I had played with the TEMP_SENSOR_0 setting, but no other changes were made to code.

Fire it up with the fixed hardware. X and Y still home nicely, but Z refuses to drop.
I can go into the manual controls and move the Z axis freely, but it won't drop below 0.0 here, either. (a fact I am actually quite grateful for)

Other than the failure to home the Z axis, it is printing nicely, so I really don't think this is an electrical issue, and there were no code changes that would account for this.

It may just be that I'm looking at this at 01:30 am, and am not thinking clearly, but I could use any advice.

Thank you in advance,
J
Re: Z Axis stopped homing
March 05, 2018 02:55AM
"M119" tells you the state of the endstops. Might be, that Z-endstop is already triggered?
Re: Z Axis not homing
March 06, 2018 06:04PM
i have completed building a corexy 3d printer. Everything works except homing the z-axis I can move (from pronterface) each axis in both directions . Xaxis homes fine as does the y-axis. not sure just what to do next. I have included my configuration.h file. If anyon can help it would be greatly appreciated .

thanks in advance
John
`
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (52.1 KB)
Re: Z Axis stopped homing
March 06, 2018 08:47PM
"#define Z_HOME_DIR -11"

you really want it to home in the 11th dimension?!!!

change it to -1
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login