Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin won't compile

Posted by rowdyjoe 
Marlin won't compile
February 17, 2018 07:10PM
I'm not a programmer and I'm not sure about anything I've done so far. confused smiley Here's a newb question.
How do I correct this error and complete the compile and upload? When attempting to compile, it stops with the following error "exit status 1 using typedef-name 'fpost_t' after 'struct' " .

Printer info:
Running Arduino 1.8.5 and the latest (2016) Marlin and confg.h from github (gary mckinney). The board is a RAMPS 1.4 and the chip is a ATMeg 2560. (aka very similar to the MigBot Prusa i3, or so I'm told).

I bought this printer about 2 years ago and have never been able to get it running correctly. The initial problem was getting the Z axis adjusted to keep it from dragging across the hot bed. I bought an inductive probe for self leveling but, got frustrated and side tracked and kinda gave up on it 'til now.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2018 08:27PM by rowdyjoe.
Re: Marlin won't compile
February 17, 2018 08:30PM
You have a really old marlin which does not compile on current ardunio IDE (It can be fixed, but your missing so many features including safety features, that its just not worth it)

get a current marlin from [github.com]
February 17, 2018 08:49PM
Thanks Dust,
Wow, am I confused. I've been getting Marlin and Arduino release dates mixed up. Maybe I need to take a break from this thing. ??? confused smiley

Gonna start over with the latest release for Marlin. Looks like Arduino is OK at v 1.8.5.

OOOOPs ....wait a minute. I've tried that version but, when I drop the configuration.h file in the compiler tells me the version is too old.

Never mind. I found the latest config.h and dropped it in Marlin. It compiled fine. Let's see what happens now. ????

RJ

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2018 09:04PM by rowdyjoe.
February 17, 2018 10:29PM
OK Dust,
You put me on the right track and the compile and upload went fine. I now have my LCD back. smiling smiley
Now wrestling with axis motion but, that's a another post.

Thanks a lot !

RJ
February 18, 2018 01:47PM
Find/Rename fpos_t to fpost in the SdBasefile.cpp & SdBasefile.h files to fix it. I had it happen to me too

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2018 02:54PM by madmike8.
February 20, 2018 05:55PM
Thanks Mike. I got it fixed with much newer versions of the software.

My problem now is getting the steppers to work in all axis. Right now, they each only work in one direction but, that's a topic for another post. still confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2018 06:24PM by rowdyjoe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login