Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprogramming Mega Ramps 1.4, hung up on Connecting...

Posted by BlenderGuy 
Reprogramming Mega Ramps 1.4, hung up on Connecting...
January 12, 2018 11:17PM
Hello RepRap

First, the problem. I am having a hangup after I uploaded the latest Marlin. When I try to connect via Pronterface, the Mega blinks 3 times, but all Pronterface shows is 'Connecting...' and does not budge. Or hasn't for the last 5 minutes. I also tried in Simply 3D's Machine Control Panel that tried plain text, binary, and alternative communication protocols that all didn't work.

This is a Mega that I have been using for over a year now and have been happy with.

About me and background, long time user, but first time back into the thick of getting it to work. I have experiences with a Mendel and a Huxley, then moved onto a delta (Blue Eagle Labs Kossel Clear) and am now happy with a Blue Eagle Labs Metal V2 that I got through the beta. However, I do not think Blue Eagle Labs is still functional.

I was working on the printer and wanted to do a very large high detail model on a gcode over 250MB in size and 90 hours long. This was so large that the computer would crash after 8 hours or so on the three tests I did. I knew I needed to get the SD card running on this delta. I had it running on my Mendle for some 48 hour prints, but this needed to run on the Delta for the larger bed size. I decided to scrap the old Marlin and install a fresh new Marlin with all the parameters transferred over. I transferred it over and.... no luck. I can't connect to it in Pronterface again, but I can in Arduino.

Also, it seems that Arduino cannot compile my old Marlin Delta firmware.
Re: Reprogramming Mega Ramps 1.4, hung up on Connecting...
January 13, 2018 12:58AM
I am far from an expert, but I would advise 2 things:
1- Make sure that the SERIAL_PORT; BAUDRATE and MOTHERBOARD are correctly defined in your configuration.h
2- Try to re-compile and program with your old version of Marlin. Does that work and does Pronterface now work?
Re: Reprogramming Mega Ramps 1.4, hung up on Connecting...
January 13, 2018 08:16AM
mjf55,

Ha! I was running around and reading forums for a while. I was missing a zero on the baud rate! It was a case of I needed someone else to point it out.

Thanks!

Still stuck with M21 replying with 'echo: SD init fail'. I've been going through tutorials on how to get that to work, but no solid info when it doesn't run. I pulled the old SD card reader off of my Mendle, made sure the right of pins were connected to the reader and it does have an LED showing it is on. I also tried with a different SD card as well.

In the config.h, #define SDSUPPORT and #define SD_CHECK_AND_RETRY is uncommented.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2018 08:33AM by BlenderGuy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login