Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

problem connecting the graphic contoller

Posted by Karzin 
problem connecting the graphic contoller
December 09, 2017 09:49AM
Hello you guys,

I,ve recently rebuilt my machine and on such occasion that im once again working on it, I've decided to add a SD card reader,
So I've bought the "RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller" and I've followed the instructions on how to tweak the firmware to enable it:
[www.youtube.com]

However. Whenever I plug the USB cable to the Arduino mega, the Graphic controller turns on no problem. however, If I try doing it while powering the whole thing only with the PSU, the LCD only lights up, with no text available on it.

On time I've noticed that the plastic part of the Arduino mega 5v regulator was melted ( i'm pretty sure that its ruined now)(ALso I cant remember whether or not this was a preexisting condition) however the arduino works fine while plugged in to the PC via USB. SO I've tried another Arduino, and this one did not burn out. however, the problem with the controller being lit but without text still remains.

Has this happened to anyone?
Re: problem connecting the graphic contoller
December 09, 2017 10:11AM
It's often just a contrast adjustment. Most of those modules have a tiny pot on the LCD PCB near the SD card slot. Find it and try turning it with a pair of tweezers.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
December 09, 2017 10:48AM
definately not that. as I' said before, The text was already visible when I keep it plugged via USB. ANd I' have alredy adjusted the contrast beforehand
December 09, 2017 02:56PM
It sounds like you have burned up the 5V regulator on the RAMPS board, a common problem with trying to use the graphic controller with A/R. Try a new 5V regulator and put a heatsink on it.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
December 10, 2017 03:09AM
UPDATE:

I hate it hen this happens, but the problem sorted it self out when I switched out the arduino (something I did before and it didint change anything) :/ which is fun, but now I don't Know what went wrong :/. well this time I've attached a heatsink to the 5v regulator.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login