Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4040 Frame 3-way corner bracket

Posted by 3DS-QUAD 
4040 Frame 3-way corner bracket
October 23, 2017 01:56PM
I just ordered some 4040 aluminium extrusion to build a custom Hypercube Evolution.

[www.aluminium-profile.co.uk]

Intended to use 3 way corner brackets

[www.aliexpress.com]

In the description it states

Uses: suitable for European standard industrial aluminum profile ( NOT GB ) special connector.

Does anybody know if the 3 way corner bracket fit the 40x40L-Aluminium-Profile.

Thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2017 01:57PM by 3DS-QUAD.
Re: 4040 Frame 3-way corner bracket
October 24, 2017 02:22AM
AFAIK there is no european standard. Here in Germany, we already know two different branches ( Bosch or Item )
From the tables the slot of the 4040 is 10mm, but the corners are made for 7 or 8mm slot. You might be lucky to make them fit loosely.
Worst case, you have to grind it to fit.
October 24, 2017 08:34AM
October 24, 2017 09:14AM
Those corner brackets are only needed if the extrusion isn't cut well. If you are buying extrusion from a source that cuts it accurately and squarely, or you have access to a milling machine, you don't need those corner brackets. You can easily join extrusion to extrusion if you have a drill and a tap. See [www.instructables.com]

All reports I have seen say that Misumi cuts the extrusions accurately and squarely.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
October 24, 2017 01:39PM
Thanks I'll order them, worst case I lose £30 and my printer is 19mm shorter.
The extrusion was ordered cut

x4 981mm (9.5mm thickness 3 way bracket)
x16 500mm

It's just occurred to me having 64 corner brackets could block the corexy gantry setup

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2017 01:46PM by 3DS-QUAD.
October 24, 2017 03:36PM
What do corner brackets do that screwing the extrusions directly to each other doesn't do? Why would you need corner brackets at the top and bottom of the frame when you have those horizontal cross-bars just above and below the top and bottom squares? Why would you need corner brackets at the cross-bars when you have the top and bottom squares so close by?

You don't need any of those corner brackets, or their weight, or their hardware, or their expense. If you don't believe it, build the frame without them and see how rigid it is. You can always add corner brackets if you need to, later.

Evidence?

The only bracing you'll see is on the sides of the tall printer that is 1.4m tall. Both machines produce beautiful prints, and both can be transported laying in a car, taken out and stood up without requiring any adjustment before printing.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
October 24, 2017 04:42PM
If possible I would not like to drill anything, do you think the internal L brackets would be a better choice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login