Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't figure out Home Z is 10mm?!?

Posted by Steven F Awesome 
Can't figure out Home Z is 10mm?!?
October 20, 2017 09:45AM
I finally got my RipRap assembled with a Chinese ramps 1.4 board. I am using a proximity sensor as my Z stop, and think I have that part of Marlin configured correctly, because G28 then G29 work great (pronterface), but after those are run, my Z axis goes +10mm
On my Graphic Display it reads x0 y0 z10. I try homing from the graphic display, and it works correctly but then goes z10 again. I decided to run a calibration cube, and after G29 it moved 10mm up and started printing?!?
The machine Knows it's 10mm positive in the Z, and I have no Idea on how to make it start at Z0?
I attached my Configuration.h in case anyone wants to check my work.

P.s. I built this riprap from scratch by printing parts on my MP mini and a friend with a prusa for the bigger parts. I have had every problem imaginable and this is the first time I am asking for help, I hope it's not something so simple.. if it is, please be kind ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 09:49AM by Steven F Awesome.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (60.9 KB)
Re: Can't figure out Home Z is 10mm?!?
October 20, 2017 11:28AM
I looked at your configuration.h all lines appear to be within proper configurations settings.

Using the LCD Click
Select Prepare Click
Select move axis Click
Select move Z Click
Select move 0.1mm Click
Lower A Axis to the zero. // be careful not to slam into the bed
If this works then, What are your slicer start/end g_codes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 11:38AM by Roberts_Clif.
October 20, 2017 11:55AM
Robert
I did try going through the graphic display and it let me go to zero ( which is actually a tad too high) but I couldn't go into the negatives. I was hoping if I could get it to at least go to zero, I could try to do something in cura (not sure what) and get it to compensate for the 1-2 mm where it thinks zero is.
I can't understand though, that it wants home to be 10mm in the positive??!
October 20, 2017 12:34PM
My Configurations.h settings
#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 10 // X offset: -left +right [of the nozzle]
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 25 // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -0.5 // Z offset: -below +above [the nozzle]

When I Auto Home display shows " Z 10.5 "

I use a thumb screw adjustable slide mount holding my Z Probe to adjust the Z Nozzle Height to within micro-millimeters.
When I zero Z-Axis I can't move a piece of paper under the nozzle, When print starts 1st layer it raises to layer height and starts print.
So I inevitability do not zero the Z Axis, I lower my Z-Axis to .2 the thickness of a piece of paper, then verify the the bed is level in 5 spots.
Center, R-Front, L-Front, R-Rear and L-Rear. After bi-linear bed leveling the rest of the bed is taken care of.

About how far above the bed are you at the lowest point?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 12:40PM by Roberts_Clif.
October 20, 2017 04:20PM
Robert,
The printer will lower the z axis by 10mm but it won't let it go into the negative .. Funny thing is I do a m119 and it shows that my z probe is open. So there is something telling it that the bed is 10mm higher? the z probe does trigger when doing the g29 and I did set the probe to trigger when the hotend is touching the build plate. Just like you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login