Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A8 Ramps connection issue

Posted by pkneca 
A8 Ramps connection issue
October 06, 2017 04:31AM
Hello everyone,

this is my first post on the forum, excuse me if I posted it in a wrong section.

Recently the board on my Anet A8 died, so I ordereed ramps 1.4 kit. I uploaded Marlin firmware, but I couldnt get the board connected to octopi or repetierhost.

Now I tried this firmware LINK, I did not chaged anything, just uploaded it.

I dont have the printer near me now, but I tried following:

i connected only the mega to repetier host, It connects successfully, but I get error that bed temp is too high, I figure this is ok because nothing is connected. (blinking light on mega)

after that I tried to connect ramps to the mega and start repetier, and then I get "No start signal detected - forcing start" (no blinking light, always on light on mega)

Is this because ramps need aditional 12v power or is there something wrong with the board?

Please check the firmware, the printer is the stock A8
Re: A8 Ramps connection issue
October 06, 2017 05:27AM
Something is wrong... it doesnt need 12v for anything but heaters and stepper

most common issue is plugging in endstosp backwards. this shorts out the board

take it back to a bare ramps on the mega. (ie remove all cables, pololus etc) does it work now?
Slow add things back and test till it stops working at that point you have identified the cause,
October 06, 2017 05:39AM
This is from my first post

"after that I tried to connect ramps to the mega and start repetier, and then I get "No start signal detected - forcing start" (no blinking light, always on light on mega)"

this is without any cables attached
October 06, 2017 06:01AM
ok... this is why its nice to give as much info as possible...

looking at the firmware you used, it will not work on ramps, It is configured for a Melzi motherboard

replace the Configuration.h with this one [pastebin.com]

This was generated by uploading the Configuration.h from the firmware you linked into the configuration tool [www.repetier.com]
I then just changed it to a ramps and saved the new Configuration.h
October 06, 2017 06:09AM
Same as before

No start signal detected - forcing start

EDIT:

I tried uploading firmware to mega while ramps was plugged in, no luck, I get timeout error.

I am starting to believe that something is wrong with ramps...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2017 08:47AM by pkneca.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login