Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An unusual reprap story

Posted by jamespd 
An unusual reprap story
October 04, 2017 01:27PM
I am building a new reprap using rails from three inkjet printers to build my printer. First I was offered and have been upgrading a 102 hero printer to print the parts I need. This is a short video of my progress. Any ideas or suggestion would be great. I am just starting our.

[www.youtube.com]

The reprap is using a wood Prusa i3 laser cut from and a Ramps 1.4 kit with LCD controller and heatbed. That and a E3 V6 hotend are the extent of my budget so besides a PSU and some linear ball bearings I will get the rest will be using some 6mm and 10 mm smooth rods and the print head rails from three inkjet printers. I will post some pics as parts arrive and I start putting things together. It is a of an unusual reprap story though I am learning a lot. I need the bigger platform printer to work on some existing projects I have for myself. I am funding every thing as I get extra cash. So it may be a slow process. Chinese delivery, hurry up and wait. I hope it helps someone else. I look forward to seeing what others are doing here. It is good to have a community when it comes to this as there is always more to learn.
Re: An unusual reprap story
October 04, 2017 03:00PM
Should ask what firmware are you using I use Marlin 1.1.X

Was helping a individual who custom built his 3D Printer. His complaints was his prints were a mirrored model right to left.
The X-Axis end stop was on the wrong side, and he inverted the stepper direction ect... Meaning printer would print from Right to left instead of left to Right.

If you could give more information would help.
A diagram of your printer including the end stop locations this would help, and what firmware and version.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2017 03:11PM by Roberts_Clif.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login