Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for some leadscrews

Posted by Dark Alchemist 
Looking for some leadscrews
September 03, 2017 11:15PM
I am trying to find 400mm (for a Prusa I3 Rework) leadscrews with Polyacetal nuts and is eight mm with a single start (1 full rotation will equal 2mm of movement) but I just can't find it. I live in the USA and if anyone has a reliable source please post.

Thank you.

_______
I await Skynet and my last vision will be of a RepRap self replicating the robots that is destroying the human race.
Re: Looking for some leadscrews
September 03, 2017 11:37PM
This is something I bought for myself, comes in 150, 200, 250, 300 and 400mm lengths.

May be a replacement for what you are looking.
[www.ebay.com]
September 04, 2017 01:09AM
Roberts_Clif
This is something I bought for myself, comes in 150, 200, 250, 300 and 400mm lengths.

May be a replacement for what you are looking.
[www.ebay.com]
I was going to purchase that but Brass nuts are not all that good from what I have learned. Now I did find where I have to purchase the POM nuts and the rod separately from the same seller but they are 1mm pitch and 1 start. My I3 Rework monster (I am making it with my modified designs from the Prusa MK2 stls) is X/Z axis I3 MK2 and Y is rework so I am finally ditching these M5 all threaded rods (talk about a ton of issues I have had with them and having to replace them twice over the years) which is 0.8mm per complete revolution to 1mm per complete revolution with these. I guess I found what I wanted just not in all one package and from AliExpress too but it took a lot of searching until I finally found the bread crumbs that lead me to what I needed.

I was going to use anti backlash on Z but read it isn't needed even with lifts on retraction (or ABL) due to X's weight even if you are using a Bowden setup (I guess that motor on the left hand side is all the weight it needs).

Thank you.

_______
I await Skynet and my last vision will be of a RepRap self replicating the robots that is destroying the human race.
September 04, 2017 08:38AM
This was just one of many sites that sale the T8x2 Lead Screw Threaded Rod T8-2 Trapezoidal, they even include Backlash nuts.

I have a 3D Printer similar to that you have described, and have little not no problems other the stock 1.25mm all thread originals lead-screws.
Do not get me wrong they worked, they were straight they were just squeaky bolts and created more noise pollution than were worth.
(OK overstated but loud and irritating, like scratching a blackboard).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2017 08:48AM by Roberts_Clif.
September 04, 2017 02:07PM
Yep, and when I used ABL they were horrible and the black soot then the horrible chalkboard sounds and when I used ABL with them I had to replace them within a few months.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2017 02:16PM by Dark Alchemist.

_______
September 06, 2017 09:17AM
September 06, 2017 11:09AM
WOW, 5 dollars per nut? I went back and measured and it is 350mm I need not 400mm (I somehow thought 370mm which is 400mm for these things but it is 350mm).

_______
September 06, 2017 11:30AM
found these on aliexpress

[www.aliexpress.com]

you have to get 5 but works out to 1.80 a piece.
September 06, 2017 11:39AM
From what I understand they work better but even if I used ABL I wonder how long they would last? Probably forever and I lol at 9 as that is like hotdogs and hot dog buns, hehehe.

_______
September 11, 2017 11:06AM
September 11, 2017 11:43AM
cwaa
[openbuildspartstore.com]
Those are 4 start.

_______
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login