Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tuning flsun prusa i3

Posted by affa 
Tuning flsun prusa i3
June 10, 2017 01:58PM
Hi!
I am really happy with my flsun prusa i3 now, except that it is not 100% accurate when printing things that should fit together like a threaded bolt and a nut, they look really nice but just dont fit together.
How do I tune this?

My radial fan sounds really bad to. Have ordered a new one, it sounds like it is screaming or something. I am thinking of taking it apart and clean it...
Attachments:
open | download - 20170606_221147.jpg (111.2 KB)
Re: Tuning flsun prusa i3
June 11, 2017 02:10AM
Not knowing where you got the model from, I would be inclined to think it was badly designed

ie hole diameter of X and the thread is X wide.. where as the hole needs to be X+0.15 or the thread needs to be X-0.15
June 11, 2017 05:09AM
It was this knurling bolt and nut from thingiverse:
[www.thingiverse.com]

I tried with another smaller m3 bolt and nut and got the same result.
June 11, 2017 05:12AM
Found this answer in the comments field on thingiverse:
Oops, I misunderstood your comment.
I think the extrusion rates of filament on your 3dprinter is little big. So the extruded filament from a nozzle is more fat than the nozzle diameter. As a result, the bolt is slightly too large and the hole of nut is slightly too small.
Please check and calibrate about your 3dprinter, one is a feedrate of steppermotor for extruder on your firmware, another is a extrution multiplier of your slicer.
Thanks.

I think this is the problem, because I have changed the extrusion multiplier to a trial and error number, I have increased it a lot, when I tried to measure and calculate I didnt get the right number...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2017 05:15AM by affa.
June 11, 2017 03:04PM
I had the same issue with the same file.
I think I printed the nut 3-4% bigger to make it fit.
PLA might be ok but with my ABS it didnt fit worth beans.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login