Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pronterface won't connect to Anycubic ... still searching for answers

Posted by papilio 
Pronterface won't connect to Anycubic ... still searching for answers
June 04, 2017 02:59PM
I understand that this is a frequent problem but Googling hasn't led to a solution yet in my case.
Assembly of the new Anycubic linear went well as did uploading the latest firmware to the board with Arduino (1.8.1). The CP210x driver automatically installed itself upon USB insertion, on Com 3 at 9600 according to Device Manager.

After closing the Arduino app the next step is said to be opening Pronterface but it hangs at "connecting ... ", although AFAIK the correct port and baud rate have been entered correctly, including in Configuration.h through the Arduino console which was the solution in one case.
I then rearranged my Com ports so that the CP210x driver would install itself on Com 4 rather than 3 to more closely match the instructions. This had a default baud rate of 19200 and adjustments to Configuration.h were once again made but same problem. Nor does trying other baud rates help.

I've understood that getting my first printer to work well will be complicated and I look forward to the challenges, but I wasn't prepared for getting stuck with instructions which aren't going ahead as explained in the otherwise very good Anycubic manual.
Communications with the staff at Anycubic have unfortunately not been helpful in resolving the issue.

May I ask what other issues may be preventing Pronterface from establishing a connection?

Thank you!
Re: Pronterface won't connect to Anycubic ... still searching for answers
June 04, 2017 07:06PM
PROBLEM SOLVED with the kind assistance of somebody on the Facebook Anycubic Users Group.

" Usually I have to click "Reset" (next to the connect button) in pronterface twice after connect to establish the connection."
... and that's all it took!

Just putting this on record in case anybody else has as much trouble as I did trying to find the answer on Google.

- Michael
January 30, 2021 12:25AM
in pronterface on running ramps 1.4 all set up shows ok ,including both hotend heater led and fan led blink on each pulse ,but then making test mode off and connecting pronterface and making heating switch on ,only heater led comes on that to like blinking and farther few second error message :Heating failed, system stopped! heater_ ID:0.pls help me as I amnewbe
January 30, 2021 12:59AM
on connecting pronterface with arduino mega 2560 - switching hotend temperature on,after few second it give message heating failed ,system stopped,heater _ ID_0,how to overcome this error
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login