Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does anyone know how to fix my 3D printer?

Posted by stevenkw1 
Does anyone know how to fix my 3D printer?
May 27, 2017 11:51AM
Hi my printer right now having this issues i was bough from amazon model hictop 3DP-11 Prusa i3 , and now the issue is when i printing something i put my object( stl file ) to CURA 14.5 , and print right? Yes and my 3D print is printed but the thing is it automatically 1 object become 2 or 3 time object which mean it finished first layer and it come back for first layer again and again till the remain time is finish i dont know how to explain it , but i have youtube video in here ( [www.youtube.com] ) hopefully some one help me fix this thing i spend like $400CAD for this 3D printer but cant print anything sad smiley

all the file picture setup of my cura and firmware and picture problem + stl file i want to print [app.box.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2017 12:00PM by stevenkw1.
Re: Does anyone know how to fix my 3D printer?
May 27, 2017 02:37PM
All I can see from your video is that the X-Axis belt is very slack which is probably why your print starts in one place (very shaky circles!!) then ends up printing off to the left. Probably jumping teeth on the stepper drive pulley. Tighten it!

I'd also check that the Y-Axis belt is tight as well.

Please note that if you have further problems and want to share a video, don't just show the printhead, you also need to show what the various motors, belts, screws, etc are doing to give anyone helping a better oversight of what's happening. (otherwise it's all guesswork and it'll take longer to resolve) winking smiley

Play Bonny!

Soadyheid
May 27, 2017 02:44PM
Really need some info?

What controller?
What firmware in controller?
What filament, PLA, ABS?

What printer control software on PC? Pronterface, Repetier-host

Cura is a slicer? With about 100000 configurations

Did you level bed and set nozzle height?

Time for the "3D printing for dummies"
or
read the hictop 3DP-11 Prusa i3 instructions
or
HicTop site
[www.hic3dprinter.com]
or
HICTOP Prusa I3 3D Desktop 129 Questions Answered
[hictopsupport.freshdesk.com]

confused smiley
May 27, 2017 03:32PM
firmware is inside the website i was shared [app.box.com]
May 27, 2017 08:44PM
Does anyone know how to fix oval circle? [app.box.com] i want to print it circle but they gave me a oval circle
May 27, 2017 09:50PM
Presuming it is designed as a circle then either your steps/mm is wrong on an axis or a micro stepping jumper is missing/not working or something is slipping

It would help to know if the small side of the larger side was the correct dimensions and which was on which axis so you can work out where to look.
May 29, 2017 02:24PM
Fix the belts, as Soadyheid said. There is no way it can print anything precisely when the belts are so slack. This can also be a reason for the circle being printed as an oval. Also make sure that your X and Y axis are perpendicaular to each other. The nozzle height also seems to be wrong. You should lower your Z endstop's position so that the nozzle has better contact with the bed.
May 29, 2017 04:37PM
Start by calibrating it
[reprap.org]
June 12, 2017 11:02PM
Hello,

My name is Sergio and I really need some help, like a lot of help.
I am currently building a Hypercube by Tech2c and I'm having a motion issue
when I hit the home button in pronterface none of my motors move, but that's not it
instead of moving the make this weird high pitched sound and my z-axis motor starts to move then stops.
I thought it was binding so, I took out the lead screw and it
still, does the same thing, also my x and y-axis don't move and make a high pitched
sound, I have a feeling that I'm not doing something right whether it be a Marlin Setting or
something else.

Someone Please Help I really need it
June 13, 2017 05:15AM
not really a good idea to tack your questions onto another discussion. It will often be over looked.

Much better to start your own discussion.

Anyways

We need more details..

controller type
what firmware
what does your configuration.h look like
motor type details.

First some basic testing, with a control program like pronterface if you send the printer a "M119" gcode what does it say?
Anything that says triggered, it wont move in that direction.

What micro stepping do you have set? (if ramps, its the jumpers under the pololu modules, should have 3 jumpers, for 1/16th micro stepping)

are your steppers wired correctly? If you followed a color wiring diagram... its probably wrong. as there is no standard colors when it comes to steppers.
Do you have a multimeter? can you check the coils are wired correctly?

how tight are your belts, if they are overly tight it wont move.

How are your belts, nice and parallel?

Have you set your vref's on the pololus?

What voltage are you feeding the contoller?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2017 05:19AM by Dust.
June 20, 2017 03:57PM
Printed STL file on your 1st Post at .25mm. print as Shown

19.15mm diameter, Peg on top 8mm diameter

Appears to match STL file a perfect circle.

Looked at Your Marlin firmware it appears to be correctly configured.

Hictop Stepper Current Adjustment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K3m6-kOoWw

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2017 04:41PM by Roberts_Clif.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login