Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel delta endstops suddenly all changed?

Posted by dlc60 
Kossel delta endstops suddenly all changed?
May 03, 2017 10:50AM
I have two problems, so I will break my questions into two posts. First, my printer and current settings:
Folger Tech Kossel 2020 kit build ((C) 2011 Marlin firmware from factory)
Simplify 3D slicer/printer software

Until yesterday, my delta printer was "dialed in" and printing whatever I threw at it. My bed is flat, auto-leveling was working like a charm. I have a part fan that is off for the first layer and set to 50% at layer 4. My bed is at 60 C and my hot end is at 210 C for the first layer and backs off to 200 C for all layers after that. I work in PLA.
Then, problem.

I found that suddenly all my endstops, leveling data changed. My bed used to measure out (X,Y,Z,0) at 1.1, 1.1, 1.1, 1.0. I am using a zero-offset magnetically attached mechanical switch to do the auto bed-leveling. I then measured the "new" bed level stats at 1.4, 1.4, 1.4,1.3, and the Z offset of the probe obviously moved.
As I re-leveled everything to find the new settings, they changed and finally settled to 1.2, 1.2, 1.2, 1.1.
Huh? Why did these all change, and why did they settle back down (most of the way)?
I updated my configuration.h file and kicked some prints off. This almost worked. If I have flat objects with large contact area-to-height ratios, the print will work. Things that have multiple, smaller contact points will not print, by about the 20th layer the print head will snag on something and pull it off the bed.

Any ideas, and thanks for looking!
DLC
Re: Kossel delta endstops suddenly all changed?
May 04, 2017 01:26AM
All caused by my wiring harness pulling on the heater block and causing it to rotate unscrewed, just a little.
But more than enough to cause total print collapse! I'll watch more carefully for this in the future...

DLC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login