Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Home positioning and jerk details

Posted by hapo1313 
Home positioning and jerk details
April 30, 2017 11:47PM
Hi gize, how you all doing? Im trying to build my first 3d printer and as i am on my final steps, im having a few issues that im not findind the answer.

1- home position: Every time i start a print or just click on home position on pronterface, (The Z goes fine, down until it hit the endstop and then stop) the X and Y goes until the end of the heat bed instead of stoping in the middle. I thought of just hand positioning on the print, but then i realized each layer of the print goes back to the home position, so that wont work. I tried looking for a topic, but i could not find any one that would help me, so if any one know what to do, i would appreciate it! Also, im a newbie, so try to write as much information as possible, even if it sounds so basic for you (i will leave my configuration file here).

2- What should i put on X, Y, Z and E Jerk settings? I am using a less potent motor the Stepper motor 28BYJ-48.

Thanks for the help guys!

Ohh and of course, if you gize see by chance any mistake on my configuration, please just leave it a note! Thanks smiling smiley
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (55.1 KB)
Re: Home positioning and jerk details
May 01, 2017 12:28AM
"the X and Y goes until the end of the heat bed instead of stopping in the middle"
why would you expect it to stop in the middle?

0,0 is front left of the machine (presuming I3 type machine), and this is what its trying to locate

If "middle" is an exaggeration and you means its out a few mm from the 0,0 position

if so change your positions

ie
#define X_MIN_POS 0
#define Y_MIN_POS 0
#define Z_MIN_POS 0
#define X_MAX_POS 120
#define Y_MAX_POS 120
#define Z_MAX_POS 100

eg if X is left is -5mm left of 0, then set X_MIN_POS -5

"but then i realized each layer of the print goes back to the home position"
this is also not normal behavior.. normally printers only home at the start of each print job. (but it could be made to do that, would normally be a slicer setting)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2017 12:31AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login