Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arduino Power Issue

Posted by LoroParrot 
Arduino Power Issue
April 27, 2017 09:46AM
Hi, printer was working from PC and suddenly beeps and my computer turned off. Printer stopped working but LCD still on. RAMPS 1.4 has both diodes D1 and D2 but when powered arduino will start but won't send commands unless it has an USB connected. It looks like it lacks power because LCD has bad contrast til I plug the USB in. The LCD is not working very well, to read an SD is a lottery, so I'm thiking in let it just with the option of printing from PC. The deal is, why the computer turned off? is it a power issue? should I remove the D1?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Arduino Power Issue
April 27, 2017 09:50AM
The lack of sufficient 5V power is a well-known problem, see #1 at [reprap.org].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 27, 2017 12:07PM
dc42
The lack of sufficient 5V power is a well-known problem, see #1 at [reprap.org].

I know I should remove the D1 and feed from outside but; could a fail in the voltage regulator shut down my pc? that's what I'm finding weird
April 28, 2017 08:18AM
If the printer really did cause the PC shutdown, it's more likely to have been caused by something else, such as a bad ground connection between your PSU negative output terminal and the power input terminal(s) on your printer electronics.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 28, 2017 04:51PM
dc42
If the printer really did cause the PC shutdown, it's more likely to have been caused by something else, such as a bad ground connection between your PSU negative output terminal and the power input terminal(s) on your printer electronics.

well I'been watching and the PSU power wire wasn't grounded, maybe that'll help. The thing is, the PC won't recongize the arduino on the usb port that shutted the pc down; in the others there's no problem and the pc coul even command the printer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login