Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRapDiscount LCD Issue

Posted by LoroParrot 
RepRapDiscount LCD Issue
April 22, 2017 12:16AM
Ok, everything was working fine. Then a "PRINTER HALTED" Temp issue (i've fixed this one before so, shouldn't be a problem) and when I restarted the printer, the LCD was blank, like this.

[i.imgur.com]

Plugged the arduino to the PC and runed pronterface; it detects the SD on the LCD, prints from it and everithing works fine. Also, the extruder stepper won't move during printing. The stepper works fine (checked it with the X axis), but it won't receive signals during printing.

Any ideas?
Re: RepRapDiscount LCD Issue
April 22, 2017 12:23AM
I would suspect you have damaged the main controller cpu. Several I/O pins no longer work as they should.

But first re upload your firmware, sometimes a fault like this just needs a firmware reflash.
April 22, 2017 12:39AM
I've done that and the issue persists :s .
April 22, 2017 02:38AM

Temp issue (i've fixed this one before so, shouldn't be a problem)

That made me smile because, if you had fixed it it wouldn't have happened again winking smiley
IMHO you grilled your controller with a shortcut caused by the same issue that was causing the TEMP issue.
Be careful with electronics, people have lost their homes by "fixing" things....
April 22, 2017 03:17AM
o_lampe

Temp issue (i've fixed this one before so, shouldn't be a problem)

That made me smile because, if you had fixed it it wouldn't have happened again winking smiley
IMHO you grilled your controller with a shortcut caused by the same issue that was causing the TEMP issue.
Be careful with electronics, people have lost their homes by "fixing" things....

Yeah, the first temp issue was because of the heatbed thermistor wasn't reading well. Now I thought could be something like that on the hotend thermistor, but when I was about to look it, this happened.

Anyways, I thought when the controller were grilled it wouldn't work; not that it could be partially burned
May 07, 2017 07:17PM
You have probably done this already but have you reseated the extruder driver, the extruder plug to your board and the extruder thermistor plug to the board.
This happened to me and my board and drivers were fine, after days of reading forum posts I just unplugged everything and plugged it all back in and no more problem........ yet confused smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login