Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap Prusa i3 diy

Posted by supersizeme 
RepRap Prusa i3 diy
April 05, 2017 11:54AM
I purchased a DIY printer off of an auction website, I put it together and I yet to print the first thing. My problems are that I am so much a noob at this and have no clue as to what I am doing but I am willing and wanting to learn, the software that it came with was Cura 14.... something which will not install on my laptop running windows 10. I downloaded the new version of cura and I can't get it to recognize my printer. I tried to print off of the SD card and the print nozzle was at least a quarter inch above the print bed, I tried to adjust the z stop as best as I could and I just don't know what to do.
The description in the title is what it says it is but the spool holder says CTC, I am not sure what to do and I am so discouraged and want to give up.
Re: RepRap Prusa i3 diy
April 05, 2017 03:01PM
Try mattercontrol instead of the new cura,
Cura seems to only conect to the ultimaker machines (i might be wrong tho)

When you tell the printer to 'home' Z, the nozzle should be a thin piece of paper distance from the surface of the bed at Z0.
What controller board is fitted and what firmware ?
April 05, 2017 04:40PM
Ive been using Cura on my i3 printer for over 2 years. Works great.
April 06, 2017 04:40AM
Cura is a very good slicer. It can connect to any reprap that use standard protocols, but is not a full featured host (control) software in my opinion.

My current setup is to slice using Cura, save as a gcode file and then use Repetier Host to control the printing operation.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
April 06, 2017 08:59AM
I have no clue as to what firmware may be on it, I was going to try to post a pic of the board but I'm doing this off my phone and it will not let me, the only thing I can find on the board is some writing that says 2560 Rev A
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login