Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What to do!

Posted by rich1051414 
What to do!
March 27, 2017 12:44PM
So gluestick is disgusting and leaves a gloppy mess on the bed that has to be painstakingly cleaned up periodically and leaves the bottom of prints gross. Hairspray makes beautiful prints, but makes my whole printer look absolutely disgusting due to overspray. Anyone have a solution to this? I currently use PEI, and I don't need to use any sort of adhesive for PLA, but I don't only print in PLA.
Re: What to do!
March 27, 2017 02:51PM
I just use gluestick personally.
I dont have a mess of it and it cleans up real fast under some warm water.
March 27, 2017 07:07PM
I also use glue stick and it's easy to clean. You might be applying too much glue?

For ABS you can use "ABS juice" , for nylon I use sanded bakelite without any kind of glue.

If you get it to stick it to the bed, simple white paper is good for most materials but then again you will have to glue it and is a pain to remove from prints.

If you ever find the best solution let me know.......
March 27, 2017 07:20PM
Have you ever thought about why you have to use glue to get prints to stick?

Are you looking for another magic formula or a real solution to the problem?

Are you willing to spend the money and apply the effort to actually fix the problem?

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
March 27, 2017 08:00PM
Agreed. Keep the printer ridged and aligned well and go from there.
Even as "tight" as my printer is I can lean on my glass desk and see about a .001"-.003" deflection on my print bed with a indicator on the X carriage.

Id end up spending more on mods than my printer is worth so for me glue works good and I never have a print let go.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login