Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MAXTEMP Error with hotend/nozzle

Posted by rcrummett 
MAXTEMP Error with hotend/nozzle
March 18, 2017 12:29AM
Hello -

I have recently finished building a Prusa i2 that I started 4-5 years ago. It has been working well for about a month but recently I have been getting MAXTEMP errors when printing. The errors appear to be associated with the nozzle - I'm printing in ABS at 235C and when I look at the temperature graph in Pronterface it displays 299!

I'm confused why this would happen because up until recently I was printing without errors, and now I get these huge temperature swings. I want to catch it before something gets damaged, but I'm not sure what would cause this and why.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Re: MAXTEMP Error with hotend/nozzle
March 19, 2017 11:17PM
Is it really 299? Or really still 235 (or less), but the temperature is reading wrong

Broken thermistor wire? Or near-broken?
Re: MAXTEMP Error with hotend/nozzle
March 20, 2017 01:08AM
I remember when I was working with a K8200 printer, when the thermister shorted out on the heat block the temperature displayed was 750°C (obviously it wasn't!!!)

connect the printer to the computer and watch the temperature graph, with out heating the nozzle jiggle around the thermister wire near the heatblock and see if you get any temperature spikes. If you do it would indicate a short.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login