Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issue with new printer

Posted by rich1051414 
Issue with new printer
March 16, 2017 03:54PM
I am using a Hictop prusa i3, and on my first test print, I saw the extruder struggling, so I broke it down to see if the extruder body was interfering(when building, i just threw away the plastic body extruder and used a metal one I had instead). After removing the bearing so the extruder had zero load, I sent the command to extrude, and the motor did nothing. It wasn't even locked and spun freely as if it wasn't even turned on.

First thing I did was hooked the extruder up to the Z port, and adjusted the z, and the extruder sprung to life, meaning it HAS to be the driver is shot on the Extruder 1 port.

Is there an easy way to tell the printer just just use the Extruder 2 port instead? I would hate to have to buy a new control board cause of this, since I have a free port to use instead.
Re: Issue with new printer
March 16, 2017 04:12PM
I'm an idiot. Apparently this printer has a safety feature my last printer did not have. You cannot send power to the extruder unless the temp is at least 180c to prevent you from stripping out filament or burning out things.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login