Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wrong homing on RAMPS1.4

Posted by harlandraka 
Wrong homing on RAMPS1.4
February 22, 2017 05:38AM
Hi all. I have a RAMPS 1.4 shield, and I connected all the hardware to it, and I uploaded Marlin 1.1.0 RC4 on the board.

Motors move correctly, but they go in the wrong direction when homing.

Let's use the X-axis as an example: The printer is a prusa i3-style printer, and the X-axis motor has an endstop on the left side.

If I use the menu on the LCD to move the motor on the X axis, it goes from left to right when rotating the LCD potentiometer clockwise, and it goes from right to left when rotating the LCD potentiometer counter clockwise.
It is right, as when going right the X value increases, and when going left the X value decreases.

The issue is when I select "auto homing" in the menu. Instead of going left, the motor goes right, so it seems that the homing is inverted: it seems to be trying to home to X_MAX instead of X_MIN. But the endstop is on the left side, so the motor is supposed to move to X_MIN instead.

What should I do?

Thank you
Re: Wrong homing on RAMPS1.4
February 22, 2017 06:05AM
sounds like you have homing direction set wrong in the config.h

// ENDSTOP SETTINGS:
// Sets direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
// :[-1,1]
#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1
Re: Wrong homing on RAMPS1.4
April 03, 2017 01:24PM
Check the fixed points of your belt on your extrudermount , i printed a new extruder mount . After install of the mount the axis moved the wrong way , it wend the wright way with the old mount. When i checked the mount i saw that the fixed points of the belt on the mount where at the top side of the mount , on the old mount it whas at the bottom end. You can correct this in the firmware as obewan pointed out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login