Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

non string pla?

Posted by sungod3k 
non string pla?
February 20, 2017 06:39AM
Hi,

Im testing out a y-splitter/two in one out dual extrusion system on my machine but the one problem that remains is the strings that pla leaves behind when its pulled out of the hotend.

one recomendation to avoid this is using pet-g because its not stringing like pla but I was wondering if there are some brands of normal PLA that dont string so much.

its a very specific question but maybe someone had the same problem already solved.

Cheers
Re: non string pla?
February 20, 2017 10:29AM
What does your tool change code look like? I've seen a lot of people saying to reduce the stringy part, you either do a very short move very fast, and then slowly retract the rest of the distance, or vice-versa. I can't remember which, but I know I read quite a bit about people would do a retract of 2-3mm or so at once speed and then do the rest of the retract at a different speed to control how stringy the tip is from the filament your pulling out.
Re: non string pla?
February 20, 2017 10:37AM
The guide that Im reading suggested to "pull out a bit, push in a bit and then pull out fully" but also that its dependent on temp. However I have the feeling that the material itself determines better how stringy it is and only to a lesser extent tool change script.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login