Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help With Z-Axis

Posted by AmericanOtaku44 
Help With Z-Axis
February 11, 2017 02:17PM
Hello everyone! So, I got my motors moving and homing finally, but there's a bit of an issue. My Z-axis only controls the Z motor, not the lift of the print head. I'm not wholly sure how to fix this, but it's causing a bit of a problem for me. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Re: Help With Z-Axis
February 13, 2017 12:36PM
AmericanOtaku44
My Z-axis only controls the Z motor, not the lift of the print head.

If it only moves the bed up/down, then that makes sense.

The z motor moves the z axis and it either increases/decreases the distance between the hotend and the bed.
February 13, 2017 01:44PM
What printer?

What is "the lift of the print head" ?

confused smiley
February 13, 2017 03:46PM
Sorry, I'm terrible at explanations. I'm using a Delta printer, and the "lift of the print head" is the rise of the hot end. Basically, my Z-axis only controls 1 of the 3 motors running the Delta, not all 3.
February 13, 2017 04:12PM
Ok, so from my understanding your issue is, when you give a height command only one of the rails moves.

What happens when you home all,do all motors move the rails to the top in the homing position at the same time, or is it one by one?

If this is the case then your firmware might be setup for a Cartesian printer and not a delta
February 13, 2017 05:13PM
I have fixed this issue. I realized I was an idiot and didn't have the drive set to Delta. The benefits of been a complete newbie... Also, thanks to scottybfg for the suggestion, but I happened to resolve it before seeing it. Though you were exactly right! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login