Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D Pritner - Python GUI using Marlin Firmware

Posted by ronan635 
3D Pritner - Python GUI using Marlin Firmware
February 08, 2017 01:43PM
Hello, I'm currently trying to create a basic GUI with python to control simple movements on my 3D printer, for instance moving 'X' amount on one axes or even homing one axes. I am using Marlin firmware with my printer and it works perfectly on Pronterface (Printrun). I know I already have these functions currently on the Pronterface but I need to create my own basic GUI.

I previously created my own GUI with Python that controlled the movements of each axis and also I was able to home the axes. However, this was before I was using Marlin. Now the GUI I created doesn't work as I can't add the code to the Marlin firmware. I know it must be achieved by using the serial port to inform the printer what action needs to carried out.

Could someone show me how to code a button within Python that tells the printer to move the X axis a full revolution or step?
VDX
Re: 3D Pritner - Python GUI using Marlin Firmware
February 08, 2017 04:23PM
... you have to send G-codes to the firmware - read through the file "marlin_main.cpp", which G- and M-codes are available ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login