Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis does not go up while printing. Works fine in pronterface

Posted by zastin17 
Z axis does not go up while printing. Works fine in pronterface
March 05, 2016 11:55PM
So I receintly purchased lots of new parts for my 3d printer. including new ramps board that was originaly damaged. upgraded jhead to e3d hot end. New brace support rods. I recently rebuilt the main parts of the printer to make sure its all accuratly put together. I re-calibrated the motor current and everything's good. currently i'm trying to print my new bowden extruder made by TECH2C. When printing I do something else for a while. When I came back to check on the print I noticed the the layers where crushing together and that the printer was not moving up. It was but not enough for a usable print. So layers looked all mushed together and the walls of the print had random protruding layers. I opens pronterface and made sure all the axis's where moving correctly and at the correct distance and they were perfect. I readjusted the current again and tried another print with the same results. All my steps are perfect on the motors. When I tell the z axis to move up 10mm is does. I've had my printer for over a year without any issues like this. I cant figure out why its doing this. Everything's tight and perfect. Belts are tight, motor current is perfect. Even tried upping the motor current. I also made sure that the coupling were in fact grabbing the m5 threaded rod. I don't know what else to do. Everything's perfect until I actually start a print. I even tried different slicers.
Re: Z axis does not go up while printing. Works fine in pronterface
March 05, 2016 11:57PM
also I have not edited my original marlin firmware so that's not the problem.
March 06, 2016 02:00AM
Check your max feed rate for Z, pronterface obeys what ever feed rate is on the screen. but gcode will go to what ever feed rate it wants only limited by max feed rate in firmware

ie for marlin find

#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {300, 300, 5, 25}

This is feed rate for X,Y,Z,E

Change E from 5 to 3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2016 02:01AM by Dust.
March 06, 2016 05:11PM
You're not a novice, obviously, like I am but I have to ask > With your new extruder and new hot end, did you recalibrate your extruder? Did you run a single wall test after that to ensure your wall is what the GCode says it should be? It sounds like you are pushing way more plastic than you should be and after the first two tests, you may have to adjust the extrusion multiplier.

Folger Tech 2020 i3 and FT-5 as well as modified JGAurora A5 with direct drive E3D/Titan. All running the BLTOUCH.
Great kits. Having fun and running the heck out of them.
Running Marlin 1.1.0 RC8 on the i3 and FT5. Custom firmware on A5.
Folger Tech Wiki board >[folgertech.wikia.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login