Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y endstop strange behaviour

Posted by complynx 
Y endstop strange behaviour
March 04, 2016 06:51AM
Hello reprapers,
I'm new to reprap, I'm building the printer but am confused with the endstops and homing.
My configuration is:
X and Z axes are straightforward and endstops are at the least side of the axes.
I want to set up the Y axis to be of right-handed basis to other axes, but the endstop will appear at the topmost side of the axis.

The issue is that the Y-axis homing is not working in this situation.

The endstops have been set up properly and tested, the axes are moving correctly, the X and Z homings working properly. The Y-homing is working if the endstop is placed at the other end but not as I want it to be placed.

Current config:

// ENDSTOP SETTINGS:
// Sets direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR 1
//if Y set to -1, it is working, but the endstop is at the other side (still manually firing endstop will stop homing)
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1

#define min_software_endstops true //If true, axis won't move to coordinates less than zero.
#define max_software_endstops true  //If true, axis won't move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below.

// The position of the homing switches. Use MAX_LENGTH * -0.5 if the center should be 0, 0, 0
#define X_HOME_POS X_MAX_LENGTH * -0.5
#define Y_HOME_POS Y_MAX_LENGTH * -0.5
//if set as Y_HOME_POS = Y_MAX_LENGTH * Y_HOME_DIR * 0.5, the whole axis failes to move until moves 10 cm, to the endstop, and prevents movements back.
#define Z_HOME_POS 0
Re: Y endstop strange behaviour
March 04, 2016 01:32PM
When you tell your y axis to move in the positive direction does it go the desired way? If no reverse the plug to the stepper motor.

Is this marlin firmware?
Re: Y endstop strange behaviour
March 04, 2016 05:31PM
When I tell it to move either way, it moves. It does not react to G28 Y, (All other G28 are normal). Also, if I rewire the motor for Y home to be on the minimum side, it works properly (with #define Y_HOME_DIR -1), but this way the whole print area is mirrored. In this case I can even print all kinds of stuff, if I remember to mirror the Y-axis during Slic3r preprocessing.

I have Marlin/Sanguino second rev. (Mendel setup) The board itself, as the peripherals, is working properly. Only the firmware has this strange behavior.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2016 05:36PM by complynx.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login