Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z-Probe Wiring to RAMPS1.4

Posted by Hatmpatn 
Z-Probe Wiring to RAMPS1.4
March 02, 2016 07:04PM
Okay, got an NPN capacitive Z-probe. Have wired the Brown(-) and Blue(+) to +12V and -12V from the power supply. Can I wire the black one(which is output) to the Z-min for endstops?

Before I did this, I put on of the multimeter measuring wire to the -12V and one to the Black(output) and got 9,85V. This must be dangerous for the Z-min channel??
Do I need to voltage divide this? With how much?

Re: Z-Probe Wiring to RAMPS1.4
March 04, 2016 01:12PM
To determine the resister values, find a resister network calculator with your favorite search engine.

Or, use a 12v relay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2016 01:13PM by stephenrc.
March 07, 2016 07:52PM
You wired it correctly, but you need 2x 10k resistors ( wich i did) or 1x10k and 1x15k , 1x 10k and 1x 20k is also done in the follow picture.
Attachments:
open | download - FFVH12QIL5FZECH.LARGE.jpg (107.7 KB)
March 07, 2016 11:52PM
Why does it go to the neg on the 11amp side? but comes from the + on the 5A, could you have used the neg on the 5A?
Does it have to be there or can it be powered elsewhere, or does it need to be there to work. Must be a little trick to solder there, dont fancy moving the yellow things, also would like something little tidier/ more robust than the resistor example, with my skills in this area, I might just be able to figure putting it on a little board and dousing it in resin, but am open to other suggestions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login