Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z Height Problems

Posted by wetsparks 
Z Height Problems
February 28, 2016 07:05AM
My printer is a Prusa I3 type of unit in a cube frame, using Ramps 1.4 and Marlin. It's been printing fine for months now, even upgraded the bed to a 5mm ally plate and a 240v heater via an SSR, man does that bed heat up quick. Also got auto leveling working and that made a nice improvement to me printing.

Well out of the blue, all of a sudden on Friday evening my Z height and home offsets started playing up. I should say that my home position is X to the left, Y to the rear and Z at the top. Whats happening is that when it homes the display is showing the correct offsets for X and Y, -60 and -20 mm but the Z is showing 385.8 mm, it should be 207 mm. I have tried resetting the zero point and the home offsets with no luck. If I issue a M501 command the M206 line reads as it should be, X-60.00 Y-20.00 Z207.00 but the display says Z is 385.8 and sure enough if I try to print the Z want to go way down past the plate.

I have changed out the Mega board in case it was a memory fault on it and changed the Z driver in case that was faulty but with no luck. I have attached a dump of the M501 and of my Configuration H file. Any thoughts or help wold be most appreciated.
Attachments:
open | download - CONFIGURATION_H.txt (34.6 KB)
open | download - M501.txt (805 bytes)
Re: Z Height Problems
February 29, 2016 02:41PM
My guess is that you are having problems with your auto level. I would check the sensor/wiring. If that doesn't work, disable auto level in your configuration and then test the Z axis and report back.
Re: Z Height Problems
February 29, 2016 05:41PM
Sounds like the Z end stop isn't working?
Otherwise how else could the Z go down too far?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2016 05:41PM by Giantkiller.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login