Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New RepRaper and to 3D printing... just saying : Learn it!

Posted by GeorgeL16 
New RepRaper and to 3D printing... just saying : Learn it!
February 18, 2016 07:59PM
Howdy,

I AM new here...

I am a member of our local BB-8 builders, Astromech.net, Replica Prop Forums (RPF), et. all... I build astromechs/droids, lightsabers, etc.

I will tell you one thing, as an engineer and designer, I am VERY surprised I have gone this route, nor done this before now, buying and LEARNING how to use a 3D printer.

My current (and only) model is the HICTOP Re[Rap Prusa I3 that I bought through a special deal with the BB-8 builders group.

I will tell you from my many years of experiance, for the money... this is the BEST investment I have made in 20+ years.

Yes, you have to know what your are doing, use a square, know a little electrical and mechanical... but the kit in itself, well I'm completely satisfied. Tryinng not to plug a China company, but for the $ this thing has made a few of my dreams come true. Here is a link to the latest, after some more tweaking :

The latest video of my RepRap in operation, a real close in printing video, printing out a new fan housing...:

HICTOP RepRap Prusa I3 : printing a front fan duct housing - a very close up video

There are a lot of links for the HICTOP version, and I keep on updating and getting better prints, all the time.

Good luck out there, and may your prints 'be square'.

Cheers,

Chip

---
Re: New RepRaper and to 3D printing... just saying : Learn it!
February 19, 2016 06:39PM
Hi, welcome to the forum. Yes, it's a pretty amazing tool if you enjoy making things. Enjoy!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login