Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Setting home position...

Posted by Beer4Brew 
Setting home position...
January 23, 2016 03:10AM
Hey guys finnaly I manage to work almost everything, I made auto bed leveling, hook up silicone heatbed with automotive relay g.cartier 12V 50A works like a charm no heating issues anymore, the only problem that i left with is homing position, I want my home position to be in a corner but when I hit home all axis he moves X to the right Y way back as it should cause I have X and Y endstops on max and when it come to Z axis he move it almost to center of the build plate moving all my axes out of position...

Help

Proud owner of CTC and my newly made from scratch Prusa i3

Beer, 3D Print, Sleep and again...
Re: Setting home position...
January 23, 2016 03:32AM
Huh?

This is a Cartesian printer, ie I3 type??
unless its a delta or coreXY etc all axis are independent... including homing.. Ie homing Z should not move X or Y

Can you provide more images? more details?

Maybe a video?

FYI on a I3 the Y end stop at the back is a min end stop not a max. (its reversed as bed moves not the head in that axis)
January 23, 2016 03:45AM
Here is a video of homing

[www.youtube.com]

January 23, 2016 06:34AM
ok... I see what you mean

Since X is a max endstop the controller needs to know the length of your X axis to get back to zero.

Find your setting #define X_MAX_POS in configuration.h

move your X carriage to it max position, measure in MM the distance from the nozzle hole to where X0 is

Change this value to the new measurement

For Y, as I have already said, you have this backwards. This is min endstop. you need to move the endstop plug on the controller to the Y min endstop position (presuming a ramps type controller) and set #define Y_HOME_DIR to -1 (ie home to min endstop) If this this already -1, then you need to invert the Y axis of travel, find #define INVERT_Y_DIR if this is set to true change it to false, its it is set to false change it to true.

At home position the Build platform should be at the back of the Y axis so the nozzle is at the front of the build platform

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2016 06:40AM by Dust.
January 23, 2016 01:04PM
x,y home when print head at front right hand corner when able to read Prusa name on printer frame.
January 23, 2016 07:32PM
Yes in this case, but remember that this machine homes to X=200 (or what ever the X length is), Y=0, Z=0
(some people have the mind set that home is always X=0,Y=0,Z=0)
January 23, 2016 09:13PM
Dust
Yes in this case, but remember that this machine homes to X=200 (or what ever the X length is), Y=0, Z=0
(some people have the mind set that home is always X=0,Y=0,Z=0)
That would normally be the case. I had to reverse my y axis to put the y min stop at the back of the machine. And then I reversed the y axis firmware.
January 24, 2016 04:51AM
I tryed Your method and change on ramps Y endstop but I still get home position as in video....

Setup photo is in att

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2016 04:55AM by Beer4Brew.

Attachments:
open | download - marlin.jpg (305.9 KB)
January 24, 2016 05:25AM
Well i suggest you get a new ruler!

A standard reprap pcb heater is 200x200 and that between the lines, its actually a bit larger than that, 210ish?

Now from your video it looks like when the X axis is on the end stop the nozzle is past the print area line, so its over 200mm to get back to 0

You have set X_MAX_POS 180...

I would try 210 to start with.

Secondly, this relies on the movement being accurate, ie when you tell it to move 10mm, it needs to move 10mm, have you checked this? Just measure it with a ruler
January 24, 2016 05:37AM
Yep it moves 10mm exact I did calibrate it, and i changed to 210 but still home position is like in video the same position...confused smiley

Posiblly a stupid question but what if I manually move axes and then hit home offset position on LCD??
January 24, 2016 05:50AM
I don’t use LCD.. so limiting...

In fact try this

Plug in a computer, install pronterface, get it talking to the printer.

send a "G28 X" the head should move to the X endstop
send a "G90" set Absolute Positioning
send a "G1 X0" move X to zero.

Does it end up where at X=0 as expected? if it does your issue is something lcd related...
If not... well will have to think on that..
January 24, 2016 05:59AM
Dont know if this help but photos are in att and thats my home position...
Attachments:
open | download - 20160124_115322.jpg (243.9 KB)
open | download - 20160124_115305.jpg (158.8 KB)
January 24, 2016 06:03AM
I did that and when I send g1 x0 he hits left end of the printer!

After X homing and Y homing I hit Z home and he said probe out of bed position...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2016 06:08AM by Beer4Brew.
January 25, 2016 04:33PM
There is no way I can manage to print from middle aaaaaaaaa.....

Pls help
Re: Setting Print start position
February 08, 2016 02:30AM
how do i set my print start position so it does not start @ front left evry time?
its a Wilson ts/strap with ramps 1.4 and extra smart cont.
February 12, 2016 07:59PM
What's been lost in this discussion is the fact that he said he is using Auto Bed Leveling. In that case, X zeros (albeit to MAX), and Y zeros (again forward) as normal. With auto bed leveling, the head moves (supposed to) into the center of the bed to home Z. You can see it drop the microswitch. Because he has the zero points all FUBAR, it won't auto level correctly. I believe WHERE Z homes is defined in the config.h file. But X endstop needs to be on left and Y in the back along with changes with stop positions on the RAMPS and in the config.h file.

Folger Tech 2020 i3 and FT-5 as well as modified JGAurora A5 with direct drive E3D/Titan. All running the BLTOUCH.
Great kits. Having fun and running the heck out of them.
Running Marlin 1.1.0 RC8 on the i3 and FT5. Custom firmware on A5.
Folger Tech Wiki board >[folgertech.wikia.com]
January 14, 2017 08:07PM
I've been having the same problem, but I don' use auto bed level. When I go to the LCD screen and hit home offset, it makes a really loud beep noise and goes back to the home screen. I used the Arduino serial monitor and got this back:

start
echo:Marlin1.0.0
echo: Last Updated: Oct 31 2016 14:49:22 | Author: Zviper89, Migbot Stndrdauto lvl
Compiled: Oct 31 2016
echo: Free Memory: 3813 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232
echo:Hardcoded Default Settings Loaded
echoconfused smileyteps per unit:
echo: M92 X80.00 Y80.00 Z1600.00 E100.00
echo:Maximum feedrates (mm/s):
echo: M203 X225.00 Y225.00 Z3.00 E25.00
echo:Maximum Acceleration (mm/s2):
echo: M201 X2650 Y2650 Z100 E10000
echo:Acceleration: S=acceleration, T=retract acceleration
echo: M204 S2650.00 T3000.00
echo:Advanced variables: S=Min feedrate (mm/s), T=Min travel feedrate (mm/s), B=minimum segment time (ms), X=maximum XY jerk (mm/s), Z=maximum Z jerk (mm/s), E=maximum E jerk (mm/s)
echo: M205 S0.00 T0.00 B20000 X15.00 Z0.40 E5.00
echo:Home offset (mm):
echo: M206 X0.00 Y0.00 Z0.00
echotongue sticking out smileyID settings:
echo: M301 P22.20 I1.08 D114.00
echoconfused smileyD card ok
But I really need this fixed as I can't print a bigger file that I need.
thanks
April 19, 2017 08:25PM
i dont know if any one was able to help you but i had the same problem and came here to see if i could find the fix but noticed no one knew the answer so i had to sit down for an hour and read the entire script to find the problem. Long story short the reason it wont home the way you want it to is because the "#define Z_SAFE_HOMING" wont let you because you didnt set your prob position in the firmware
"#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER (set the porb position relative to the extruder in the x-axis)
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER (set the porb position relative to the extruder in the y-axis)
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0"

if your porbe is to the right of the extruder it is a positive number if it is to the left of the extruder it is a negative number
if your porbe is infront of the extruder it is a positive number if it is behind extruder it is a negative number

for example my probe is 17mm to the right of my extruder and 5mm behind my extruder so mine is set to-

" // these are the offsets to the probe relative to the extruder tip (Hotend - Probe)
#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 17
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -5
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0"

and just leave your z offset at zero

let me know if this helped!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login