Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Filament Issue

Posted by ncagit 
Filament Issue
January 18, 2016 01:51PM
I have been printing pretty well lately but now every time I print it stops flowing before the first layer or second layer finishes. I have tried different temps (start at 195, 205, 210). I have tried both fans (gear fan and heater fan) on and at different speeds. I am using PLA. I have cleaned the nozzle a few times and then re-leveled the bed each time. I can manually push the filament through slowly and it strings nicely (ie doesn't seem clogged) for just a bit and then it stops and produces what the picture shows.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks for the help.

ncagit
Attachments:
open | download - WIN_20160118_12_51_56_Pro.jpg (30.2 KB)
Re: Filament Issue
January 18, 2016 04:46PM
The narrow section makes me think that the ptfe tubing has slipped up or is not there at all. What model hotend is it?
January 18, 2016 04:55PM
It is an mk8 style hotend on a he sine m-505 printer.
January 18, 2016 05:13PM
It actually has a solid metal tube no ptfe.
January 18, 2016 06:06PM
ncagit
I have been printing pretty well lately but now every time I print it stops flowing before the first layer or second layer finishes. I have tried different temps (start at 195, 205, 210). I have tried both fans (gear fan and heater fan) on and at different speeds. I am using PLA. I have cleaned the nozzle a few times and then re-leveled the bed each time. I can manually push the filament through slowly and it strings nicely (ie doesn't seem clogged) for just a bit and then it stops and produces what the picture shows.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks for the help.

ncagit

I get the intermittent flow also. It is always at the 1/4 mark of the inital rail print. Same as you, the bed is level. I home then do a g0z200, then push fila. It comes out nicely. I am blaming the heads. That is why I bought 2 E3d v6s in hope of counteracting a bad hotend build. I know its one of those things that when I get it figured out I will have purchased a whole other printer worth of parts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login