Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Advice on printer

Posted by sbaptistes 
Advice on printer
January 17, 2016 05:36AM
Hello guys
I am Baptiste, I am from France.
I want to purchase a 3D, my first one, to build some objects for personnal use only. I thinking about a Prusa i3.
I want something cheap(300€), with good quality (not sure we can do both). So I started to look at chinese printer on aliexpress.
I find brand like Greeetech, Afinibot or Sintron.

Could I have the same result as a eMotion Tech printer ? Or definitly not.

For the moment, on my list, I am thinking about this one, but I can t find 3d object printed with that on the internet, and I m not sure about the hotend...

[m.ebay.fr]
Thank you for your help !
Re: Advice on printer
January 17, 2016 01:44PM
Hi Baptise,

welcome to the forum. You can get good quality from a Prusa style printer, but expect to have to invest quite a bit of time and energy getting there. The budget kits are best approached as a collection of parts to get you started, that you might want to upgrade and build upon over time. Be wary of the Prusa kits using plexiglass frames. It's not an ideal material for the job, and you really want the frame to be rigid. In many respects, you'd be better off building the printer in a wood box frame.
Re: Advice on printer
January 18, 2016 06:14PM
I have had too many problem and still.
But if you want to get the largest amount of starter parts to get to an assembled printer then the Replikeo will get you a metal frame. But the extruders are non tensioned(bad), the gears are fluffy(over extruded prints). I am investigating the hotends now. The dual option is a no go. Seriously. Why have two hotends that are suspect. And to level both ends at the same Z height is a circus of just monkeys. Every time I get something fixed I wish I could drop ship a truck monkey on some company. I started out just wanting to print but when I get there I will be an expert in everything else.drinking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login