Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Communication issue - Repetier firmware communicates but not Marlin firmware

Posted by mcbjor17 
Communication issue - Repetier firmware communicates but not Marlin firmware
January 04, 2016 10:40PM
Hey all, I am new to the 3D printing world. I recently bought a Prusa I3 from 3d printers online. The variant that I have used to be called the Migbot. This printer has an MKS base board.

The printer came with pre-loaded firmware from the company that sells the printer. Everything worked okay at first but I wanted to have more than 4 auto-level points and messing around with the firmware would give me a better understanding of the whole package. I first downloaded and successfully edited, uploaded, and controlled the printer using repetier firmware with repetier-host on my computer. However, this firmware only allows 3 points for auto-leveling. Enter Marlin! I downloaded edited and got the printer to function correctly (all axis's move, auto home, auto level, extruder and bed heating, etc.) through the LCD screen. I cannot get the repetier-host software on my computer to communicate to the Marlin firmware, but if I upload the repetier firmware into the controller everything communicates just fine. I have settings for baud rate, serial port, and board type the exact same in Marlin as I do in Repetier. Through A LOT of research, I have yet to come across a thread that takes care of this issue.

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Re: Communication issue - Repetier firmware communicates but not Marlin firmware
January 05, 2016 03:02PM
There are too many anomilies about the Marlin IDE to vette here. I would suggest reimporting the Marlin code. Also check the response console for compile errors. One day my issues just disappeared. I know this is not an acceptable answer but it is what it is. I also was having a laptop failure at the time and didnt know it. After I got the code pushed to the printer I trashed the laptop for another one.
Re: Communication issue - Repetier firmware communicates but not Marlin firmware
January 22, 2016 11:35PM
What do you mean when you say reimport the Marlin code? Does that mean to simply upload it again to the controller? If so I reload it all the time and it definitely does not have compile errors. It is really odd that repetier firmware communicates but the Marlin firmware does not.
January 23, 2016 03:30AM
mcbjor17
What do you mean when you say reimport the Marlin code? Does that mean to simply upload it again to the controller? If so I reload it all the time and it definitely does not have compile errors. It is really odd that repetier firmware communicates but the Marlin firmware does not.

Check the Baud rate assigned to it get them different and they won't work I Think marlin may default to 115200 and Repeater to 250000, Can't be certain but I think that may well be your issue.

Doug
January 23, 2016 12:20PM
I have both baud rates set to 115200 and all other settings that have to do with communication the same.
January 23, 2016 12:21PM
The communication setting that I know about in the config.h file. Could there be settings elsewhere?
January 23, 2016 01:06PM
mcbjor17

Flash the firmware in the Aurduino IDE.
January 23, 2016 03:08PM
I am not sure if I am clear on what you mean when you say "flash the firmware in the Aurduino IDE". What I currently do is compile the sketch to make sure there are not errors and then upload it to the control board. Is there something else I should be doing?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login