Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X Axis Homing Problems [ SOLVED ]

Posted by Brisbanefishman 
X Axis Homing Problems [ SOLVED ]
December 18, 2015 01:02AM
Solved it myself, turns out one of the end stops had disconeccted

Hey,

So I set up my new smart rap that I built, it's running Ramps 1.4 with Marlin. I connected to it with pronterface to check that everything is working, and I'm running into a wierd issue.

I can move all the axis and they move in the directions I want perfectly. But if I try home it, the Z and Y axis home fine thumbs up , but the X axis will just move about 1cm in the wrong direction from where it should be going then stop. confused smiley

I have checked all my endstop settings in Marlin, and the Axis moves in the correct direction if I'm just jogging it, so this really has me stumped. If I press the end stop with my finger it works fine too.

If I restart pronterface, I can get it to move the X axis the correct way when homing a few cm, but then it just reverses and goes back to doing 1cm in the wrong direction.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2015 06:09AM by Brisbanefishman.
Re: X Axis Homing Problems [ SOLVED ]
December 22, 2015 05:24PM
Still commissioning the Prussia i3 and I have a problem with my end stops and can,t work out whats going on.

They did work properly and they seem to be working now in that the led lights up when the switch is pressed but the motors no longer stop.

However if I ask Pronterface to home all axes then that's what happens.

I was wondering if there was a GUI for Pronterface that allows you to see if the limit switched are working ?

Also if I ask the printer to print a small 50mm cube it runs off to the end of the Y axis and have had to replace one limit switch already.

Alan P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login