Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blown Fuse

Posted by Lzrstrm 
Blown Fuse
December 06, 2015 03:31PM
So my printer was heating up last night getting ready to do a 6h print and all of a sudden it just shut down. I've checked the wiring to and from the power supply and also checked the LCD but still no luck. My guess is that I blew the fuse in the power supply. If that is the case what amp fuse would I need to put into the supply for it to get back up and running?
Re: Blown Fuse
December 06, 2015 09:02PM
The fuse should be marked with it's rateing.. We have no way of knowing what size you may have.
December 06, 2015 11:06PM
I opened it up and it had a 5A in it so I replaced it and the moment I plug it into the wall it blew out again.
Does this mean I need a stronger one or do I have some kind of short in my power supply
December 07, 2015 01:39AM
We'll need some more details. What model controller and type of Power supply for starters? If it's blowing the fuse instantaneously when you plug it in then you most likely have a short somewhere.
December 07, 2015 03:06AM
PSUs are generally short circuit proof. When the fuse goes, it usually means that a power transistor in the PSU has failed short circuit.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login