Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble setting up dual extrusion Prusa i3: firmware

Posted by jubbuh 
Trouble setting up dual extrusion Prusa i3: firmware
November 23, 2015 06:08PM
Hello guys,

while trying to setup a dual extruding Prusa i3, I encounter in short the following problem: when switching on the heated bed, the 2nd extruder is also switched on at the same time. But first a bit more background info -and attached the config and pins files-:

My setup comprises of a prusa i3 frame with a dual extruder, controlled by RAMPS 1.4 and an ARduino mega 2560. PSU runs at 24V. On the RAMPS board side, D8 connects via a relay to the heated bed. D9 connects to one extruder (the 2nd) and D10 connects to the first extruder.
When I switch on extruder 1, it reads the correct temperatures and heats up perfectly. When I switch on the heated bed, it heats the bed up to the set temperature... BUT: also switches on extruder 2 at the same time (which heats up, and shows correct temperature.)
When I switch on the second extruder, the same thing happens, although now the firmware seems to try to get the second extrufder at the set temperature, but also switches on the heated bed.

hope this explains the issue.. and i hope someone has a bright idea smiling smiley

Cheers,

Jan

EDIT: running the repetier firmware as generated by the v0.92 tool
Attachments:
open | download - pins.h (73.5 KB)
open | download - Configuration.h (31.7 KB)
Re: Trouble setting up dual extrusion Prusa i3: firmware
November 25, 2015 02:50PM
Anyway, figured it out!

As it seems, the repetier firmware generator screws up dual extruder firmware when you select to use the watchdog function. So, generated the firmware again, changed in config.h the motherboard from 33 to 34 and now it works!

Hope this helps someone!

~ JB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login