Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Huxley Duo Nozzle

Posted by Kaho_tam 
Huxley Duo Nozzle
November 05, 2015 04:56PM
Hi I've just got the huxley duo a month ago. Every time the nozzle got stuck, I have to unscrew the whole heater block just to drill clear of the nozzle. The hot end is very long and my most <0.5mm drills can't seem to clear out all the stuff.

Does anyone know whether there are alternative/shorter upgrade of the nozzle that can simply be detached from below?
Re: Huxley Duo Nozzle
November 05, 2015 05:03PM
I suggest you find out why the nozzle is getting blocked in the first place. Is your hot end fan working properly and continuously? When a print finishes, do you leave it running until the hot end has cooled to 40C or below?

Btw there is a separate forum for the Huxley.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 06, 2015 01:23PM
It's mainly because Z-homing isn't very consistent. Sometimes the nozzle pushes right to the heat bed so all the extruded filament and heat gets stuck inside the nozzle.
November 06, 2015 11:03PM
If the nozzle gets obstructed, that shouldn't cause a filament jam in the hot end. The extruder drive should skip steps until the obstruction is removed.

Is your hot end fan working properly?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login