Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i can't increase extruder temp passed 180, why?

Posted by PixelPusher 
i can't increase extruder temp passed 180, why?
October 13, 2015 12:46PM
Hi there, printed my first test print... not bad (25 cm cube). Having problems with PLA adhering to bed (who doesn't), trying different things at the moment, would like to raise temp of my extruder to 190 or even 210 to see if that helps. Unfortunately, I'm using Repetier Host and it's interface locks at 180. It's set up as 190 in Gcode, and in my Printer Settings, I also even checked Slicer Configuration; all set to 190.
Anyone have an idea what's going on?

Also, using PLA because I've read it "adheres" better to bed and you don't need to heat bed. Well, it won't stick at all when it's not heated, sticks "sometimes" when I put the bed all the way up to 80c. is that normal?

Trying to avoid using hairspray, glue stick or any other messy alternatives.

thanks for any help!
Re: i can't increase extruder temp passed 180, why?
October 14, 2015 02:56AM
If you are using marlin, then the max. temp you can set in LCD or other terminals is 10° lower than the max. temp you've set in firmware. ( don't ask why...I guess it's PID related)

PLA is the best sticking filament I tried so far. What surface are you printing on? I have good results on cold blue masking tape or 70°C heated glass with a coating of artificial lemon juice ( same effect as hairspray but also cleans fingerprints and degreases the glass )

A good levelled bed and z-height is mandatory of course..
-Olaf
Re: i can't increase extruder temp passed 180, why?
October 14, 2015 03:53AM
I'm not sure what 'it's interface locks at 180.' means. Does the safety of repetier kicks in? Increase max. temp in repetier host settings. Is the printer fw limited to 180 degrees? Change the firmware. If it's just not reaching 190 degrees, check max pwm settings in configuration.h. if it's not at 255 it's not running at full power. Search for pid auto tuning on google and make sure the found settings are saved in firmware or eeprom. If using eeprom the fw settings are ignored.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login