Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Aurora Z605 Thermistor Temperature Table

Posted by fatalelieberi 
Aurora Z605 Thermistor Temperature Table
October 04, 2015 08:48AM
Hi Reprappers,

I've just recently upgraded my Aurora Z605 3D printer. The default Melzi board is replaced by RAMPS 1.4. Now, I'm stuck in setting the firmware. I'm using Repetier firmware and now I can't decide what temperature table should be used for the extruder and heat bed thermistors. The currently applied setting, 100k Epcos B57560G0107F000, has higher reading, about 8C. Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Aurora Z605 Thermistor Temperature Table
October 04, 2015 09:26AM
fatalelieberi
Hi Reprappers,

I've just recently upgraded my Aurora Z605 3D printer. The default Melzi board is replaced by RAMPS 1.4. Now, I'm stuck in setting the firmware. I'm using Repetier firmware and now I can't decide what temperature table should be used for the extruder and heat bed thermistors. The currently applied setting, 100k Epcos B57560G0107F000, has higher reading, about 8C. Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

On mines i used setting 3 for the bed and hotend.

The best thing to do is find out what room temp is in C. Then try different settings until you get it to read that room temp
October 06, 2015 12:31AM
Hi xile6,

I've tried that setting and all other preset value provided from the Repetier Online Configuration tool. None of them is accurate. In room temperature, each is correct, only has some minor deviation +-1C. But, as it gets hotter, the deviation became so big, about 20C. Maybe I'll have to create my own temperature table.
October 07, 2015 01:49PM
fatalelieberi
Hi xile6,

I've tried that setting and all other preset value provided from the Repetier Online Configuration tool. None of them is accurate. In room temperature, each is correct, only has some minor deviation +-1C. But, as it gets hotter, the deviation became so big, about 20C. Maybe I'll have to create my own temperature table.

thats weird. I used 3 for 2 of these z605 and all work great.

How do you know the temp is off?
October 24, 2015 01:01AM
Sorry, for late reply. I've been busy with my job.

I know that I miss the temperature by measuring it with my multimeter (with temperature measurement function). I set the temperature in the Repetier host, say 100C. Then, after it reaches that temperature, I will measure manually using the multimeter. So far, all measurement misses by 2C in 30-60C range, but will miss 20C in 200-240C range.

Now, I'm trying to create my own temperature table. I will set the machine to reach a preset temperature, then I will measure the correct temperature using multimeter. Then, I will also get the raw value from the machine, using M105 X0 command. However, I'm running into trouble. I don't really understand the message from Repetier Host when I run the command. For example, it says "12:00:15.604 : T:44.83 /40 B:32.29 /0 RAW1:3844 B@:0 @:6". Can you help me to understand this message? It would be great. Thank you.
November 22, 2015 01:16AM
Now, I'm happily to say that my User Defined table is working! It only has +2-3C deviation from the original one. I attach the Excel for the temperature table in case there is someone who might need it. However, make sure you filter it as you need, because inserting the whole records into the controller will make the controller takes longer time to process the readings. I recommend to take the reading by 5C in the working temperature range and 20C for outside it.
Attachments:
open | download - User Defined Thermistor Table for Z605 Aurora.xlsx (9.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login