Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nozzle

Posted by Barzo 
Nozzle
October 03, 2015 07:33AM
I have just produced some scad/Slic3r; generated artifacts with a Huxley printer.

My aim is to produce smallish detailed model boat thingies, like Anchor winches, approx 20 x 20 x 20 mm physically sized, cleats, nav. lights, etc.

Whilst it is fine to generate the solid models in scad I'm not sure, from my experience that the .5mm nozzle size is capable of producing fine detail, by this I mean that the Anchor Winch Gypsy has small fins on the Barrel. These fins are roughly 6 x 3 x .5 mm.

Does any one have any advice/guidance on the usage of the .3mm diam. nozzle?

Any help will be greatfully received.

Barzo

Re: Nozzle
October 03, 2015 09:55AM
As long as you don´t try to print those thin structures right on the bed, it´s fine to print single nozzle-diameter walls.
-Olaf
moody smileyRe: Nozzle
October 12, 2015 05:07AM
Sorry for the delay.

Many thanks for the response.

I will purchase a .3mm nozzle to experiment.

Just to say, that with the 'lack' of response, I can only assume that there is not much experience out thereconfused smiley
Re: Nozzle
October 12, 2015 07:59AM
I own a 0.35 E3D v6 nozzle. I don't use it much as it used to clog up with the ABS filament I used. I've switched to HIPS now so maybe I'll try it again some time. I use a 0.4mm nozzle without problems. I can print 0.5mm thin walls. I've printed some clay stamps with 0.5mm walls and seems to hold up well. As long as you have some angles in the pattern for support it will work reasonably well. It does break at some pressure though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login