Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ormerod 2 continuity test on the "Heated bed shield"

Posted by cheeseandham 
Ormerod 2 continuity test on the "Heated bed shield"
September 30, 2015 08:06AM
Hello all,

I've almost built my first Ormerod 2 (528.4) and I am performing the continuity test on the "Heated bed shield" section on the wiring page.

When I'm doing this with red on the shield/cable and black on the terminals and I have my multimeter in the same position as that image, I get a reading of 78 on both terminals and a beep. (with black on the shield/cable and red on the terminal I get nothing after a second or two)
If I move it to the 200 ohms setting, I'm reading 60 ohms resistance on both terminals as per this diagram

This also happens with the shielded cable removed and the red multimeter terminal touching the case.

I have disassembled , removing all wires except the PSU to 5V regulator connection) ,and checked the duet solder is not touching the case (and there is kapton on the metal base there as instructed) and I still get the same reading.

Once I remove the PSU to 5V regulator connection, the reading stops.

So I'm not sure if there is a problem here as I'm not electonically inclined. The the first reading and the beep makes me think there is a problem, but the ohm reading makes me think that there is just a little bit of current passing through the PSU and all is OK. But I'm not an expert my any stretch, just confused now.

What's happening please, should I be worried, should I perform any other tests, or should I carry on and commission? smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2015 08:13AM by cheeseandham.
Re: Ormerod 2 continuity test on the "Heated bed shield"
September 30, 2015 08:28AM
I suggest you post this in the Ormerod section of these forums for a faster response.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2015 08:28AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Ormerod 2 continuity test on the "Heated bed shield"
September 30, 2015 08:50AM
Posted to the Ormerod forum, apologies I didn't see it!

Thank you dc42
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login