Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

printing issues

Posted by slanwar 
printing issues
September 25, 2015 12:31PM
I have some issues with my prusa i3, the print quality is not good at all and I have no idea whats the problem., see picture:

crappy printing
Re: printing issues
September 25, 2015 12:52PM
There may be multiple problems but to me the one that stands out most seems to be extruder problems. It's not extruding at a constant rate where it should be constant like perimeters and infill. See if it's skipping steps, see if the filament/extruder motor/gear moves smoothly without hickups. If you find it's not smooth, try adjusting the motor current if your controller board/stepsticks allows it.
Is the filament blocked or not free to move? Is the hobbed bolt or direct drive clean and feeding correctly? Are the gears/direct drive gears fastened properly?

Also check if the temperature is set correctly (try 5 to 10 degrees higher or lower) and that the hot end temperature remains stable at the chosen temperature.

Once this problem is solved other issues may become apparant. This is normal, when each issue is resolved the imperfections can show up that were previously masked by other issues.

You didn't mention any configuration/firmware settings, type of board or slicer settings, it would help to home in on the problem.
September 28, 2015 10:00AM
Hi,
Thanks for answering, I'm using Marlin, ramps 1.4, Repetier Host and I'm using the Wade's geared extruder.
September 28, 2015 12:07PM
Please tell us what the behavior is of the extruder motor if you can, if setting the current helps, without that we're only guessing smiling smiley
September 28, 2015 12:40PM
I changed the voltage from .365v to .350 still the same, the extruder behavior looks ok and I don't see any skipping. This is my 2nd printer I built and the first one I'm using a direct drive extruder which is way better than Wade's but on this particulary printer I wanted to use the Wade's extruder because looks cool smoking smiley
I used slicr and cura to test and the cura was way worse than the slicr, I'm going to align the printer again to see if I see any difference.
October 01, 2015 04:47PM
slanwar
I changed the voltage from .365v to .350 still the same, the extruder behavior looks ok and I don't see any skipping. This is my 2nd printer I built and the first one I'm using a direct drive extruder which is way better than Wade's but on this particulary printer I wanted to use the Wade's extruder because looks cool smoking smiley
I used slicr and cura to test and the cura was way worse than the slicr, I'm going to align the printer again to see if I see any difference.

What are your printing settings for it?
also have yo tired a different filament or is this filament knew to be good?
October 02, 2015 10:54AM
I found the problem, a nut that holds the bed came off eye rolling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login