Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm Published!

Posted by elwood127 
I'm Published!
July 26, 2015 06:31PM
I'm so excited. I finally uploaded a drawing to Thingiverse. It's my redesign of the cheesy Prusa I3 X Carraige Assembly. Thanks to this site and you guys for the inspiration.
[www.thingiverse.com]
Re: I'm Published!
July 26, 2015 06:46PM
Congrats!
July 27, 2015 03:33AM
I like the idea of the setscrews for the smooth rods!

I´m not sure about the extruder-carriage? Is it one piece? How do I mount the belt? ( Is it GT2 or what?) Is the belt tension adjustable?
I´d like to have a two piece carriage to swap out my different extruder designs easier.

Can you describe what leadscrew design it is made for? ( 8mm dia., 2mm pitch with brass nut?)
-Olaf
BTW: LM8UU are 24mm long, not 29... winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2015 04:16AM by o_lampe.
July 27, 2015 06:52AM
Congratulations on your first design! It looks great.

I have a couple suggestions:

1) fix the spelling of "carriage" in the title so that when people search for "carriage" your part will show up.

2) Print your design, assemble it, take a picture, and upload it to the Thing. If you spend much time looking at designs on Thingiverse you'll discover a lot of designs that lack photos. The tip-off that a design is either unprintable, doesn't work, or is untested is a lack of photos. Imagine the frustration of someone thinking they've found a solution to their problem in your design, then printing it, then discovering that the parts don't fit together. Thingiverse is like the internet in general- anyone can post anything they want to, including things they should not. With great design comes great responsibility!

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
July 28, 2015 12:50AM
Thanks DD. If all else fails, use a spelling checker. I'm on it. I will upload pics of the working parts. And Olaf, here is a pic of the parts mounted. They are as you described. The center is one piece with screws to lock down the bearings and there is a window on the backside to feed the belt in and out. There are matching 2mm pitch teeth inside to help with belt grab. For some reason I can't create a link in message. Sorry, you'll have to click the picture open.
Attachments:
open | download - Backside view.jpg (125.6 KB)
open | download - Front view.jpg (137 KB)
open | download - X Carriage wire frame.jpg (559.8 KB)
open | download - DSC00522.jpg (156.4 KB)
open | download - DSC00523.jpg (158.6 KB)
open | download - DSC00524.jpg (134.3 KB)
open | download - DSC00525.jpg (99.1 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login