Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder not working \

Posted by gemors 
Extruder not working \
July 26, 2015 03:44AM
G'day all,

Yesterday my extruder has stopped working\feeding. I fiddled around and a couple of restarts and it started working again, but now it seems dead for good.
If tried a number of restarts and no good. I've set the parameter for min extruder temp to 10 degress for testing. If I take the stepper cable and swap it over with the Y-axis driver port I'm able to move the stepper motor (with repetier). But not when I plug it into the extr. driver port. I have also swapped out the pololu chip with no success.

any ideas out there on what else I can try?

than

F
Re: Extruder not working \
July 27, 2015 03:17AM
When you lowered the min. extrusion temp to 10°C did you use M502 and M500 commands to update and store the value in eeprom?
-Olaf
Re: Extruder not working \
July 27, 2015 12:09PM
If the E motor turns when plugged into the Y port then also do the test in reverse. Make sure the Y motor turns when plugged into the E port. I'm assuming it won't. After that you could physically swap the Y and E drivers in their sockets to make sure the hardware isn't bad (if you have a board with removable drivers). (WARNING! if there is something wrong with the circuit for the E port that blew up the E port driver, then it will probably blow up your Y port driver too. You do this test at your own risk.) If swapping the drivers doesn't make your E move then either something is broken on the circuit board deeper down than the driver or there is a software issue. Does your software disable the E motor if the thermocouple isn't heated up enough? Can you validate that the thermocouple is working?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login