Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Servo probing not working

Posted by Custom_Mendel 
Servo probing not working
July 23, 2015 05:59PM
When i try to set the probe routine (g29) the servo dose not deploy the probe.

Also if i try it with the probe down (m401) it will try to probe but the motors don't move so it ends up probing the same spot 3 times. (on the lcd it thinks the motors have moved but they haven't)

3- point probe mode

These problems are when i try on pronterface.

Help appreciated

Configuration.h
Re: Servo probing not working
July 24, 2015 12:31PM
Try commenting out z_probe_repeatabillity_test. I don't think it's used for normal operation.
July 24, 2015 06:44PM
After commenting that out, the axes home then the servo arm pops out and it moves but i still have the same problem with no movement.
It probes the same point over again but on the lcd it displays like it moved.
July 25, 2015 02:10AM
Did you do a g28, then immediately a g29? That should work. For g29 to work it must be homed first and the motors shouldn't have timed out.

So the x and y axes move when g28 but not with g29?

Did you try abl grid?
July 25, 2015 05:54PM
i only did a g29, not g28 then g29

have tried grid but am not sure how to set the probing points as there is only an option for one number (not sure if it is x or y)
July 26, 2015 03:58PM
You first need to home x and y, but I always use g28 then g29 ( abl grid). I'm still using an older fw though, dated somewhere in 2014. I'll try the latest version soon.

You only need to define a square for ablg, top right and bottom left corner or something similar. The number of probe points are either 2 or 3, which are squared in firmware, so it will probe the 4 corners or 9 points, like the four corners but with the added in between points. I use the latter.
July 26, 2015 06:49PM
makes sense.

It works now i just need to set real points now but after a test grid works.
Thanks for the help printer is hopefully finished now.thumbs upsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2015 07:16PM by Custom_Mendel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login